Financial Reporting Manager
- Role Type
- £63,000 to £68,000, plus attractive benefits package
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
Legal & General Capital (LGC) is the early-stage investment arm of Legal & General Group. Investing from Legal & General’s principal balance sheet, LGC’s purpose is to generate long-term value by injecting new capital into three key sectors: Housing, Infrastructure and SME Finance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
LGC’s financial reporting and control team was formed in July 2019 and is led by the Head of Financial Reporting and Control, LGC, who reports into the divisional CFO. It delivers financial reporting for the division whilst ensuring an appropriate financial control framework is in place. The team provides close support to other teams within LGC Finance, L&G Group, investee company finance teams and the Direct Investment teams.
You will be responsible for:
Co-ordination of core divisional financial reporting:
- Ensuring the accuracy of monthly and quarterly ledger postings for the various entities under LGC’s control into the ledger
- Quarterly consolidation and validation of the division’s results into the group’s internal and external reporting
- Assisting subsidiary entities with their submissions into the L&G Group consolidation, and assisting other L&G Finance teams with LGC financial information
- Management and review of expense reporting
Production of IFRS statutory accounts for LGC’s underlying legal entities and associated public submissions, including acting as the day to day point of contact with the Group’s auditors prior to involvement by the Head of Financial Reporting and Control and CFO,LGC:
- drafting the statutory accounts of LGC’s legal entities
- dealing with auditor queries
Roll-out, maintenance and review of standardised financial control processes and procedures to ensure a strong, robust financial governance framework:
- Control review and sign-off
- Maintenance of control documentation
- Management of financial reporting governance framework
- Management of division’s financial and accounting policies, and support the group’s implementation of new financial control frameworks and accounting policies
To provide solid accounting advice and financial reporting support to business and group teams
- Acting as a financial reporting resource to the wider LGC finance team, including assisting them with technical accounting support when required
- Preparation of the accounting papers for review committees
- Liaison with group teams (including Tax and Legal) to support cross-entity transactions
People management for 1-3 junior staff in the financial reporting team
- The role includes line management of one qualified and one junior part-qualified staff, ensuring their development and overseeing the quality of their output
- Skills Required
- Qualified ACA/ ACCA with relevent experience
- Strong accounting and statutory reporting experience (IFRS)
- Familiarity with financial control environments and systems
- Strong excel skills
- Experience of working in complex financial control environment with multiple entities and consolidations would be useful
- Experience of operating in robust financial control framework
- Experience of working to tight external reporting deadlines, ideally in large corporate teams
- Line management of one to three junior staff member
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.