Business Solutions Manager
- Role Type
- £57,000 to £90,000 (depending on experience)
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
The successful candidate will be:
- Supporting projects that can fall into any of these categories:
- Reinsurance solutions to support our growth in the UK bulk annuity market
- Capital management
- Strategic corporate projects and partnerships
- International support to grow our businesses in the US and Bermuda
- Providing quantitative and qualitative analysis on initiatives for our division
- Operating in a fast paced environment to deliver on projects
- Engaging with a broad set of stakeholders:
- Internally with other teams in the division (e.g. risk, reporting, new business), as well as other entities within the Group (e.g. Group, Legal & General Investment Management, Legal & General Capital)
- Externally with reinsurers and banks
- Skills Required
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge of investments and / or reinsurance would be ideal
- Good understanding of reporting metrics (Solvency II and IFRS) would be an advantage
- Good understanding of the UK bulk annuity market would be an advantage
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries