Finance Data and Insight Analyst
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Job Duties
The Data Analyst will be responsible for managing data, ensuring consistency of data between systems and in reporting. They will support the analysis required across team through the use of robust analytical and reporting techniques.
The right candidate will ensure effective reporting and analysis artefacts are produced, tracked and managed. They will deploy methodologies, processes, tools and techniques to drive maximum value in the delivery of effective analyses in partnership with the team.
- Support analysis to enable required reporting across the function and provide observations and recommendations on insights from the analysis of the metrics and associated reports
- Ensure the use of robust analysis and reporting approaches and methods to apply consistency in provision of necessary documentation, reporting and information collation and presentations for the various forums and meetings to drive action and improvement
- Maintain the data repositories and supporting the integrity of the data within. Provide regular communications on updates and useful information
- Utilise methodologies, processes, tools and techniques to drive maximum value in the delivery of effective analyses across the division and make recommendations where appropriate
- Design and maintain standard MI reports
- Upload regular data into core systems ensuring quality to maintain critical activities like MI and forecasting
- Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within the role are designed and performed with appropriate controls
- Skills Required
- Degree educated - desirable but not essential with a focus on suitable comparable/demonstrable role experience and capability
- Strong knowledge of Excel is essential
- Knowledge of Power BI and Alteryx highly desirable
- Prior knowledge of Anaplan and MiCost useful but not essential
- Logical thinking in ensuring data contained in multiple sources is kept up to date
- Presentation of the data – understanding the needs of the end users and that people will have different data granularity requirements
- Effective at making good decisions and delivering great outcomes
- Collaborative worker who freely shares their knowledge and experience
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to engage across various internal functions to develop, get buy-in and deliver approaches across teams
- Desire to improve and not just accept the status quo
- Ability to maintain and develop complex financial and data intensive models
- Experience of manipulating large datasets and presenting outcomes concisely
- Knowledge in the use of spreadsheets, databases and analysis tools
- Track record of building effective relationships to enable execution of analysis tasks and delivery plans
- Evidence of building and maintaining data repositories
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work independently focusing on priorities, and managing a range of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Paid Overtime
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information please contact Anastasia Jurcenko on Anastasia.Jurcenko@landg.com.