Financial Model Developer C++ (12 ,months fixed term)
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- Closing Date
As a Financial Model Developer within the DevOps Team you will have modelling experience gained within the Industry or Academia, coupled with coding knowledge. Your modelling experience will help to understand new requirements from the business units. As well as contribute to the larger remit of the team that is to provide the business with tools and knowledge to better understand the numbers produced by the sophisticated models used in the Solvency II Internal Model as well as in ALM and Liquidity risk management.
- Provide designs and assist with the business requirements gathering of risk management analytics functionality
- Lead the steering of requirements for Business Unit what-if requests and action these using the AlgoOne system, suggest innovative ways to implement model requests
- Ensure analysis and requirements are detailed enough to implement solutions right first time, track changes to requirements and impact analysis to timings and plans. Own and drive business analysis of changes to modelling within DevOps team
- Help integration engineers develop customised solutions and modules in a range of development tools
- Implement reporting models and tools, and steer internal groups to deriving new pricing and risk management algorithms and approaches
- Degree level or higher, in a technical or numerate field
- Knowledge of mathematical modelling
- modelling of financial instruments and risk management is preferred but not mandatory
- C++ Programming and experience with other languages is also preferred
- Data Science capabilities
- Excellent writing and communication skills and relationship management skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
For further information please contact Anastasia Jurcenko on Anastasia.Jurcenko@landg.com.