Investment Manager (Principal Investing)
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
Legal & General Capital (LGC) is the early-stage investment arm of Legal & General Group. Investing from Legal & General’s principal balance sheet, LGC’s purpose is to generate long-term value by injecting new capital into three key sectors: Housing, Infrastructure and SME Finance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
The role will work within Legal & General Capital’s Principal Investment team and will be responsible for supporting the Investment Director – Principal Investing in delivering the programme to launch a listed Venture Capital Investment Trust and the sourcing, evaluation and execution of all non-fund management or Venture Capital investment opportunities in Principal Investing.
Supporting the Investment Director – Principal Investing in the delivery of the L&G innovation Capital Investment Trust with particular focus on :-
- Design of trust structure;
- Production of cash flow, valuation and liquidity models;
- Management of product approval process within LGIM;
- Managing stakeholders in LGIM DC and Investment divisions;
- Policy framework design and implementation;
- Production and approval of three year strategic plan;
- Contributing to the development of the strategy for other non-fund management alternative investment opportunities
- Supporting the origination, execution and investment management of other such investment opportunities
- Managing the approval for any acquisition or disposal in line with group governance policies and processes, ensuring that information provided to decision making committees is accurate and risks are clearly presented.
- Operating within delegated authorities, risk tolerances and other limits which apply to Direct Investment.
- Skills Required
- Undergrad or Postgrad degree (ideally numerate) from leading university
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in principal / advisory investment or corporate finance roles
- Experience of presenting and influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience working in asset management with GP/LP structures desirable but not essential
- Experience of producing financial models and cash flows
- Experience of transaction execution and managing formal due diligence including review of contracts, commercial and financial diligence and assessment of risks
- Ability to assess risk and to work with other parties to ensure risks of an investment are understood and accepted
- Commercially astute with excellent negotiation skills
- Capable of handling ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent quantitative skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.