Company Secretarial Assistant - LGC
- Role Type
- £41,000 to £45,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
The roleholder will assist the Legal & General Capital (“LGC”) Secretariat in providing full company secretarial service to Legal & General Capital (“LGC”) and the legal entities within it.
Sitting in the LGC Secretariat and working with a range of stakeholders within LGC and its operating business and investee companies, this role is responsible for supporting the LGC Secretariat in providing a full governance and company secretarial service to LGC and legal entities within it.
This is a wide ranging role encompassing committee and board meeting support for the LGC and its legal entities (including attendance at, and minuting meetings), and the provision of advice and guidance on governance best practice, legal entity administration and ad-hoc projects for which the team is responsible.
To provide company secretarial assistance to the chartered company secretaries within the department ensuring that all entities remain fully compliant with the provisions of the Companies Act 2006, including:
- Maintenance of all statutory records on Blueprint and ensuring that all statutory filings are made with the Registrar of Companies within the relevant time frames
- Maintenance of the Registered Office
- Preparation and filing of Annual confirmation statements and other Companies House forms as required within the required timeframes
- Ensuring that the companies are in full compliance with their obligations under the Companies Act and other regulations where relevant
To provide meeting support to LGC’s committees and to boards/committees for legal entities within LGC, including acting as co-ordinator for a number of board and committee meetings by organising meeting logistics including room bookings and invitations, drafting agendas and circulating requests and reminders for papers; managing the collation and distribution of board/committee papers including the uploading of papers to Diligent and producing PDF packs , and where necessary the drafting matters arising reports including the appropriate follow up actions
To assist with LGC and Group Legal & Governance projects that will improve governance standards and the provision of company secretarial services across the LGC and the wider Group e.g. constitutional documents update, Diligent /Blueprint and Board portal maintenance, management of the subsidiary governance framework and legal entity rationalisation project
To support the year-end subsidiaries accounts process. This will include liaising with the LGC and local Finance teams, reviewing subsidiary company accounts from a company secretarial and corporate governance perspective, arranging for the approval of accounts and ensuring that they are filed at Companies House within the appropriate filing deadline and the appropriate updating of Blueprint.To provide assistance in ensuring that LGC maintains compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, including those of the FCA, PRA and Regulator of Social Housing and others as and when they arise.
- Skills Required
- Degree from a recognised UK university (or qualification gained from a non-UK university);
- Either undertaking the ICSA exams or part qualified company secretarial assistant who maintains up to date professional knowledge;
- Experience in a company secretarial support role for a large corporate organisation preferable.
- Some knowledge of the Companies Act 2006;
- Some relevant regulatory knowledge, particularly with regard to the Financial Services industry and its impact on the Company Secretarial Function;
- An understanding of the Financial Services industry and/or Investment Management would be an advantage
- An understanding of directors’ role and responsibilities.
Experience / skills:
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders, including executive and non-executive directors
- Ability to understand key stakeholders and sensitive to this and build own internal networks
- Ability to learn and maintain general knowledge of all businesses within LGC and the wider Group
- Project management experience and experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams will be an advantage
- Highly organised, thorough, demonstrating excellent attention to detail and a proactive, flexible approach
- Identifies and stays focussed on the important issues whilst not forgetting the detail
- Has a committed and energetic approach
- Forward planning to ensure coverage of activities when away from work;
- Experience of entity management software - Blueprint. Proficient in MS Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with board paper portals and/or legal entity management systems, particularly Board Pad and Blueprint, would be advantageous
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.