Assistant Company Secretary - LGC
- Role Type
- £63,000 to £70,000, dependent on experience
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
The roleholder willprovide support to the Company Secretary – LGC and the wider LGC Secretariat in providing full company secretarial service to Legal & General Capital (“LGC”) and the legal entities within it.
Sitting in the LGC Secretariat and working with a range of stakeholders within LGC and its operating business and investee companies, this role is responsible for supporting the LGC Secretariat in providing a full governance and company secretarial service to LGC and legal entities within it. This is a wide ranging role encompassing committee and board meeting support for the LGC and its legal entities and supporting the wider LGC Secretariat on legal entity administration and ad-hoc projects for which the team is responsible.
To provide company secretarial services ensuring that all entities remain fully compliant with the provisions of the Companies Act 2006, including:
- maintenance of all statutory records on Blueprint and ensuring that all statutory filings are made with the Registrar of Companies within the relevant time frames;
- maintenance of the Registered Office;
- preparation and filing of Annual confirmation statements and other Companies House forms as required within the required timeframes;
- ensuring that the companies are in full compliance with their obligations under the Companies Act and other regulations where relevant.
To provide meeting support to LGC’s committees and to boards/committees for legal entities within LGC including:
- acting as Secretary to these boards/committees by preparing agendas, distributing meeting packs, attending meetings and providing advice and guidance in respect of governance best practice; and
- taking minutes of the meetings, drafting any resolutions, and following up on actions..
To provide support and guidance to junior members of both the LGC, Group and UK Secretariat teams; e.g. this could involve providing mentoring support to members of the teams studying for their ICSA exams and offering guidance and encouragement to members of Board Support team in compiling and issuing Board packs and in engaging with the executive and non-executive directors.
Participate in LGC and Group Legal & Governance projects that will improve governance standards and the provision of company secretarial services across the LGC and the wider Group e.g. constitutional documents update, Diligent/Blueprint and Board portal maintenance, management of the subsidiary governance framework and legal entity rationalisation projects.
To lead the year-end subsidiary accounts process. This will include liaising with the LGC and local Finance teams, reviewing subsidiary company accounts from a company secretarial and corporate governance perspective, arranging for the approval of accounts and ensuring that they are filed at Companies House within the appropriate filing deadline and the appropriate updating of Blueprint.
To provide advice and support in ensuring that LGC maintains compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, including those of the FCA, PRA and Regulator of Social Housing and others as and when they arise.
- Skills Required
- Degree from a recognised UK university (or qualification gained from a non-UK university); and
- Fully-qualified Company Secretary (ICSA) with experience working in a FTSE or Financial Services/Investment Management/Private Equity/Real Estate secretariat
- Experience and understanding of the Company Secretarial function and corporate governance requirements;
- Good knowledge of the Companies Act 2006 and of directors’ role and responsibilities;
- Strong technical skills, including in respect of changes to share capital and reorganisations;
- Relevant regulatory knowledge, particularly with regard to Financial Services and what it means to be a Company Secretary in that environment; and
- An understanding of the Financial Services industry and/or Investment Management. Experience in a real property and/or private equity setting would be an advantage.
Experience / skills:
- Ability to understand key stakeholders and sensitive to this and build own internal networks;
- Ability to learn and maintain general knowledge of all businesses within LGC and the wider Group
- Ability to form a good working relationship with key individuals within the Legal & Governance team, LGC, the Group functions and other stakeholders;
- Personable, discreet, confident, articulate and able to establish strong relationships with individuals at all levels of seniority;
- Has a committed and energetic approach.
- Experience of entity management software - Blueprint. Proficient in MS Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
- Familiarity with board paper portals and/or legal entity management systems, particularly Board Pad and Blueprint, would be advantageous.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.