Customer Service Specialist
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age
- Job Duties
- Be competent in back office systems and processes in one of the core business areas of New Business, Customer Service or Bereavements. Takes every opportunity to deliver an outstanding customer experience and ensures the outcome is correct for the customer and aligned to LGRRI Customer Services quality standards, regulatory requirements and L&G’s treating customers fairly policies.
- Obtain relevant customer information through appropriate communication channels e.g. telephone, email, messaging, correspondence, on-line and IT systems. Through proactive and reactive contact, uses appropriate techniques to fully understand the customer’s wants and needs and verifies understanding with the customer.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of LGRRI products, services, processes and systems to deliver appropriate customer outcomes.
- Ensure all appropriate legislative, regulatory and internal process & procedure knowledge is fully understood and applied by self and the team. Identify, report and resolve any breaches in line with L&G policy. Follow procedures to ensure the correct DPA checks are undertaken to verify our customers’ identity and protect their personal data.
- Working with Customer Advocates and Customer Service Leaders; identify processes or procedures that inhibit the delivery of successful outcomes and lead to delays in processing times.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of complaints procedures, recognising when a customer is complaining and then manage complaint in line with FCA and L&Gs complaint process and procedures.
- When required, provide SME support for projects (system, process, regulatory) and deliver business implementation activities such as changes to process and call frameworks within LGRRI Customer Services, managing their impact on the customer and the end-to-end process.
- Accurately record information on LGRRI IT and workflow systems. Ensure that all learning and development is completed and recorded on the appropriate systems.
- Skills Required
- Understanding of LGRRI products, services and operations.
- Understanding of the LGRRI strategy and how this will impact the service proposition.
- Understand the different customers of LGR, i.e. customers, intermediaries and internal customers and how their requirements differ.
- Understanding of work flow and work queue structure.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage queries whilst giving due consideration to team performance and activities.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of contributing to cross-functional business teams is desirable
- Experience of building effective relationships in complex environments
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Hours are 35 per week , Monday to Friday.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about the role.