Customer Service Specialist (Telephony)
- Role Type
- Brunel House
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age
- Job Duties
- Be multi-skilled and highly competent in telephone-based activities such as servicing existing customers; or providing New Business solutions that meet a customer’s wants and needs for retirement income.
- Demonstrate proficiency in back office systems and processes in one of the core business areas of New Business, Customer Service or Bereavements.
- Exhibit an attitude of flexibility and adaptation in order to quickly meet the changing demands of customers and the business.
- Seek to continuously meet the needs of the customer, or their representatives, and respond promptly to requests and enquiries.
- Show an understanding of the role, its responsibilities and how these contribute to the success of the customer, team and business
- Skills Required
- Understanding of work flow and work queue structure.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage queries whilst giving due consideration to team performance and activities.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of contributing to cross-functional business teams is desirable
- Experience of building effective relationships in complex environments
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information, please contact: David.Mfon@landg.com