Conduct Risk Manager
- Role Type
- £75,000 - £80,000 depending on skills and experience, plus car allowance and benefits
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
- Manage the provision of independent conduct risk advice and guidance to LGR
- Deliver effective 2nd line challenge to their approach to managing their risks
- Ensure that the conduct risk framework, policies and processes are embedded
- Skills Required
- No specific qualification is required but in order to demonstrate the knowledge required to perform the role it is anticipated that the role holder will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong regulatory knowledge and experience of the FCA rules and practical application.
- Awareness of L&G’s industry position and financial services products in the retirement market place.
- Understanding of L&G strategy and direction.
- Knowledge of the principles of operational risk management, especially in relation to regulatory and customer focused risks.
- Extensive experience in financial services, preferably retirement sector.
- Experience of wholesale investment products and retail mortgages an advantage.
- Experience interpreting and applying regulatory rules to practical scenarios and helping to devise compliant, commercially acceptable solutions.
- Providing technical compliance and risk advice and guidance.
- Influencing at all levels and effective management of issues.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more details, please contact Helen Brockbank - Resourcing Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org