Investment Risk Analyst
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
As the UK’s biggest FTSE 100 investor, working here is about being there for our shareholders and customers; we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. For us, ‘inclusive capitalism’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
Legal & General Capital (LGC) is the early-stage investment arm of Legal & General Group. Investing from Legal & General’s principal balance sheet, LGC’s purpose is to generate long-term value by injecting new capital into three key sectors: Housing, Infrastructure and SME Finance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
The role holder will report to the Investment Actuary working in the Risk side of the LGC Capital Management team. This is a rare opportunity for a nearly or newly qualified Actuary to work in a pure investment setting, you will have the chance to get closely involved with analysing the risk and SII capital implications of both Traded and a variety of Direct Investments.
- Supporting investment proposals for both the Traded and Direct Investment portfolios by providing risk and SII information.
- Monthly Risk MI – Stress and Scenario Testing, 1in7 Earnings Volatility, Risk Beta adjusted exposures.
- Research support for asset calibration papers and general projects. Become familiar with the Thomson Reuters application and other research tools like IPD. Help generate useful and practical ideas.
- 5 year plan process – Lead in calculating the SII and risk numbers for Group submission.
- Skills Required
- Nearly or newly qualified Actuary – Flexible but ideally at most 1-2 exams left
- Highly numerate
- Experience of Investment Strategy/ALM/Capital Management would be an advantage
- Good understanding of market risk drivers as they apply to a Life insurance company
- Initiative in applying problem solving and analytical skills
- Good planning and organisation/teamwork skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and work towards tight deadlines
- Ability to take existing processes and document/improve/simplify
- Open, actively seek to discuss issues and share information
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of Word
- Familiarity with Thomson Reuters, Anaplan, Bloomberg would be beneficial but not necessary
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.