Quality & Control Analyst
- Role Type
- up to £40,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age
- Job Duties
- Ensure that the business processes and operating procedures are implemented in accordance to regulatory standards, industry best practice and applicable L&G Group standards.
- Monitor LGFA’s compliance with the relevant advice and associated policies designed to ensure that LGFA identifies and manages risks appropriately (including T&C arrangements, financial, vulnerable customers, advice standards)
- Provide updates to the Quality & Control Manager regarding trends and recommending improvements to processes and controls to address any issues.
- Provide Quality Assurance of first line functions to ensure adherence to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Deliver monitoring activity to ensure advice output is consistent with LGFA advice best practice and compliant with all applicable regulation and industry best practice.
- Provide verbal and written feedback to colleagues delivering advice on adherence to advice standards and customer outcomes
- Act as a technical SME and point of contact to support the resolution of advice related issues. Work with the 2nd Line Risk Team as required responding to queries from the regulator, assisting in the resolution of complex advice issues or complaints and assessing the impact of regulatory changes. Act as an SME and work with the Sales Complaints Team to support them in the fair and compliant resolution of complex sales complaints as required.
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) – Identify risks and issues to the fair treatment of customers on an individual case basis and support the Head of First Line Oversight to identify and respond swiftly to any potential issues of a wider nature. Act as a role model and customer champion for LGFA to ensure we deliver a great customer experience and robust advice outcomes demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk.
- Skills Required
- Strong regulatory knowledge and experience of regulated advice processes, in particular mortgage and At Retirement advice.
- Knowledge of methodologies and best practice involved in overseeing sales activity and demonstrating process and policy adherence.
- Good awareness of the wider business and regulatory environment and ability to understand the potential impacts of market and regulatory changes on L&G.
- Strong understanding of the principles of risk management, especially in relation to regulatory and customer focused risks.
- Good awareness of customer needs and expectations in the advice market and how these can be met through advice processes.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information, please contact Rachel Chima, Resourcing Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org