- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Job Duties
We are seeking someone just like you, who wants to join an expanding team of Data Engineers in order to build a career within a DataOps team. We create, design and manage data pipelines integrating this to our data zones. In addition to this we create some elegant and helpful visualisations so the business gets value from its data.
As a successful candidate you will be taught the following tech: Wherescape, PowerBI, Snowflake, Azure, MS SQL Server, Kafka, Redgate, Git, Jenkins and the languages that underpin them. We are just starting out our journey towards continuous integration and deployment of our data products so this is a great time to join if you want to learn.
- Skills Required
• You will have established your career in data and have c24 months of experience and be looking for the opportunity to advance your skills and diversity of projects
• Someone who is authentic and credible you’re not afraid to have conflicting opinions, after all we want you for your intelligence, creativity and skills
• You will want to learn from mistakes and success as well as about the business and the technology
• A team player, you’ll recognise and appreciate the efforts of others
• Strong SQL and a good understanding of databases (i.e. Snowflake/MS SQL Server /Oracle/DB2).
• Pedigree in solution experience in Visualisation tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, Birst, Qilk
• Willing to shape the way the team works in its practices, processes and culture
• Proven experience in creating solutions ELT/ETL
• Microsoft SQL Server Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS etc) 2012 & above
• Experience of Wherescape Red / 3D
• Microsoft Power suite - Power BI/Power Pivot/DAX/Power Query(M)
• Cloud data storage/SaaS offerings from the market leaders (MS Azure/AWS/Google)
• Been part of a SCRUM/Agile Development lifecycle team
• Be able to demonstrate a pivotal role within a recent data centric technical delivery/project
• Technology related qualifications will be useful in backing this knowledge up. (i.e. degree/professional)
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.