Technical Data Analyst
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working in Legal & General is about being there for our customers. We’re available should the worst happen and we work together to drive social and financial equality across the UK.
Being a part of L&G team is also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We will help your talent thrive in a supported environment with flexible working and autonomy, sharing our success and being rewarded for your performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function supports our businesses across the UK and abroad. We deliver essential services and activities that have a real impact our customers’ lives. We enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Job Duties
- To be a core part of the Group Data Sciences Team working as part of the EDZ and a member of the Data Science Launchpad initiative
- To assist with the delivery of data visualisations, analytics and data science products for key projects within the business to deliver the ‘data product outputs’
- Create an environment of agile data product delivery and to support a DataOps approach across the L&G Group. Work closely with the business stakeholders to understand their data product needs and translate these needs into the EDZ team and to support the enablement of data science within the business units
- Be driven and focused on business outcomes and delivery of business value
- To help facilitate the Data Science Launchpad and innovation
- To act as an evangelist for data science and data visualisation
- Assist the rapid delivery data products to business stakeholders
- Understand the L&G business and capture data requirements from business stakeholders
- Support the data science community within the L&G business divisions
- Support the Data Science Launchpad
- Act as a point of best practice for data
- Skills Required
- Degree level or equivalent or extensive experience in data, Data Science and DataOps
- GDPR (PECRII) understanding, modern data practices, approaches and technology. Core data science languages SQL, R, Python
- Modern data tooling and technology, innovation
- Ability to lead a piece of work across a multi-disciplinary team, and to deliver the business narrative from the data science
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.