- Role Type
- London, Moorgate
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working in Legal & General is about being there for our customers. We’re available should the worst happen and we work together to drive social and financial equality across the UK.
Being a part of L&G team is also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We will help your talent thrive in a supported environment with flexible working and autonomy, sharing our success and being rewarded for your performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function supports our businesses across the UK and abroad. We deliver essential services and activities that have a real impact our customers’ lives. We enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Job Duties
- To be a core part of the Group Data Sciences Team working as part of the EDZ and a member of the Data Science Launchpad initiative
- To deliver data visualisations and analytics for key projects within the business working as an integral part of the scrum / product teams to deliver the ‘data product outputs’
- Create an environment of agile data product delivery and to support a DataOps approach across the L&G Group. Work closely with the business stakeholders, data engineers, data architects, third parties and wider engineering teams to create innovative and agile products
- Be driven and focused on business outcomes and delivery of business value
- To help facilitate the Data Science Launchpad
- To act as an evangelist for data science and data visualisation
- Rapidly deliver data products to business stakeholders
- Understand the L&G business and capture data requirements from business stakeholders
- Support the data science community with the L&G business divisions.
- Support the Data Science Launchpad
- Act as a point of best practice for Data Science
- Skills Required
- Degree level or equivalent or extensive experience in data, Data Science and DataOps
- GDPR (PECRII) understanding, modern data practices, approaches and technology. Core data science languages SQL, R, Python
- Modern data tooling and technology, innovation
- Ability to lead a piece of work across a multi-disciplinary team, and to deliver the business narrative from the data science
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.