Key Account Manager
- Role Type
- £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on skills and experience
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
Develop & lead the relationship with a panel of key specialist adviser firms by creating and implementing distribution strategies to achieve profitable sales of Legal & General Home Finance (LGHF) products. Increasing mutual value and profitability by incorporating the key drivers of mortgage lending, market share, business growth and persistency.
- Deliver revenue and business performance targets, whilst maintaining sound risk and compliance management to avoid exposing the business.
- Engage with the heads of Product, Operations and Finance to deliver sales & profit objectives.
- Build and maintain a national portfolio of specialist adviser firms, developing joint sales strategies, delivering revenue and business performance targets, whilst maintaining sound risk and compliance management to avoid exposing the business.
- Assist in proactively driving and influencing the Distribution team, in collaboration with the Distribution Director, maximising all profitable business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the external market in which the customer account operates, their competitive position, risks and threats and incorporate this knowledge in the relationship whilst building and delivering an agreed tailored business strategy.
- Establish, direct, influence and maintain appropriate levels of services with each specialist adviser customer to ensure that joint needs are given appropriate representation in terms of technical and value add service, support, product knowledge, marketing and systems.
- Work closely with the aligned channel TAM & Sales Support staff, influencing and providing advice and guidance to meet individual and team requirements for quality and revenue achievement.
- Define, develop and deliver key account management structures and processes to ensure that business relationships are managed in line with Legal & General’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy.
- Skills Required
Detailed knowledge LGHF Products
Demonstrate a clear understanding of LGHF products both currently available and planned and their target markets in relation to the Broker/IFA customer.
Technical, E.Com knowledge
Achieves the correct level of technical and E.com professional skills/knowledge, together with the technology and e.commerce skills to advise and promote LGHF products and processes, keeping abreast of current developments and trends within the market place.
Market /Business awareness
Have a high level perspective of our competitors, customers and markets and their relative importance. Be capable of determining and predicting the impact of any changes or imbalance. Take appropriate action to avoid or capitalise.
Knowledge of the business partner
Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the IFA customers structure, their executive and business drivers so that the strategic partnership and LGHF can maximise mutual benefit on a dynamic basis. Strengthen the relationship at all levels so that LGHF and its products become the preferred choice.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles, innovation and communication methods to gain acceptance, of an idea, plan, activity, service or product.
- Key behaviour of appropriate selling technique to overcome resistance and or objections, ability to highlight benefits of products and services to achieve goals.
Communication & Presentations
- Is able to communicate and express ideas both in an oral and written form effectively to an individual or group, adjusting language and terminology to fit the needs of the audience.
- Correct use of body language and eye contact.
- Presents varying tone and pitch with confidence and in a clear & concise sequence that an audience can follow to achieve set objectives.
- Exhibits active listening skills to answer questions clearly and concisely, and confirms audience understanding and learning.
Planning & Organising
- Can plan and organise own diary effectively and set realistic time scales.
- Able to establish a course of action to accomplish and achieve specific goals or targets.
- Ability to complete action plans with measurements for success for self and accounts.
- Can prioritise business potential for each account and apply appropriate resources to achieve targets set.
- Prepares correctly for meetings and presentations.
- Maintains a positive attitude with enthusiasm and commitment with the ability to pursue and achieve targets and goals despite setbacks and other constraints.
- Is able to accept criticism from individuals on products and processes with the pragmatic approach to bounce back with optimism and focus.
- Participates proactively in the development of team goals and plans, supporting other team members by encouraging participation and listening to their ideas.
- Co-operating with other team members to resolve problems and achieve goals, sharing ideas, skills and knowledge.
- Effectively using listening skills to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties support and acceptance.
- Identify issues and concerns of parties, with the ability to influence behaviours with esteem and empathy.
- Ability to establish openness and trust to find a suitable outcome to overcome objections and avoiding destructive confrontation.
- Ability to evaluate a situation or information and identify existing problems and opportunities.
- Recognising trends and associated data to resolve problems.
- Uses the appropriate questioning approach to seek information from different sources to draw logical conclusions.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.This role also attracts a car allowance.
For more details on this role, please contact Helen Brockbank - Resourcing Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org