Find your next role at Legal & General
Data Protection Oversight Manager
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
25 April 2021
This is a new role in our Cardiff office. We're looking to add a Data Protection Oversight Manager within the Workplace DC Pensions and Personal Investing division’s Risk team, providing oversight of the management of data privacy and protection risks within the division. If you have experience in this area, we'd love to receive your application.
You'll provide expert guidance and objective challenge on data privacy and protection matters within the division, based on an expert knowledge of the GDPR, associated legislation and current best practices, combined with an up to date understanding of emerging issues and regulatory changes.
This is likely to involve:
- Validating that core data privacy and protection control processes are operating effectively in the 1st line, including:
- Overseeing investigations into data breaches and ensuring appropriate internal escalation within L&G, including the production of any required reports and provision of data for regulatory investigation.
- Undertaking trend analysis relating to all aspects of data privacy and protection, including risks, breaches, and adherence to required training, using MI produced by the 1st line.
- Maintaining good awareness and understanding of industry trends, anticipating the impact on Legal & General and keeping senior management aware of any required changes to policies and processes.
- Assisting the Group Data Protection Officer (DPO) in reviewing and challenging the implementation of Group Data Protection policies and standards.
- Acting as the key liaison between the Group DPO and the 1st line on data privacy and protection matters.
- Workinging closely with other 2nd line stakeholders, produce insightful risk reporting for management, regulator, auditor and client audiences, as required.
- Relevant Data Protection qualifications e.g. Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection.
- Good understanding of design and application of risk management frameworks.
- At least five years Data Protection experience.
- DPA/GDPR application within the financial services sector for a large, diverse organisation.
- Strong analytical skills and an enquiring mind, with a tenacious approach; accurate with attention to detail and facts.
- Ability to communicate and influence clearly and effectively.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Strong organisation skills and drive.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
With a team of over 600 people servicing over 3.5 million customers and over 17,000 corporate clients our DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be the long term savings partner of choice for our customers and clients; we achieve this by delivering an outstanding service and experience, putting our colleagues, customers and clients at the heart of everything we do.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really cares about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Joss Smith at Joss.Smith@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joss-smith-7405b394/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.