Personal Assistant & Team Support
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
The Group Talent & Development team at L&G are looking for an experienced Personal Assistant who can provide efficient and effective PA support services to the Group Talent & Development Director, as well as the wider team.
In this role you will have delegated authority and responsibility to act independently to manage and deliver decisions and actions, on behalf of the Group Talent & Development Director and the team. You will contribute to the effective day to day delivery of administrative services to the function, including support for arranging and delivering internal and external meetings, development sessions and workshops, plus project management and support for the delivery of Talent & Development initiatives and projects.
Your key responsibilities will include…
- Provide a full range of Personal Assistant services to the Group Talent & Development Director and other Leaders in the team. This will include having control of the diary and the authority to make changes and arrange meetings on behalf of those individuals. This will also include administrative support to the wider Talent & Development team when able and appropriate to do so in service of delivering on the strategy and joined up activities.
- Project management and logistics support for Talent & Development events and activities across the team agenda including ExCo, senior leadership, talent and learning initiatives.
- Preparing papers, agendas & minutes etc., developing PowerPoint presentations as necessary and Excel spreadsheets to a high standard in order to facilitate communication with the team and its stakeholders. Ensuring all papers are provided in a timely basis.
- Arranging offsite meetings and sessions for the Talent & Development team, this will include UK & overseas business travel and accommodation.
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous support to any enquiry from any internal or external customers including Board members, external Executive Directors and suppliers. Assess the nature, confidentiality and urgency of issue, taking action where necessary.
- Initiate payment of invoices/expenses using GFAS and dealing with queries which subsequently arise. Keep accurate and confidential records in respect of staff holidays, sickness, expenses, corporate hospitality and entertaining etc. in order that the Director and team reports are accurate and comply with company polices.
- Working on own initiative to provide office management services to the Director and the team including, organisation charts, distribution lists, managing internal and external events.
- Support blended people development programmes and initiatives across face to face, virtual and digital solutions.
- Skills Required
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have previous experience supporting a learning & development team
- Have previous experience working within a project management capacity
- Have experience supporting at Director level as well as supporting a wider team
- Can display excellent organisation skills. Experience and ability to prioritise busy workload, work to importance and deadlines and to be flexible in a continuously changing environment. Understanding of business strategy and objectives, governance processes and inter-relationships between different areas of the organisation and external organisations.
- Can deal confidently with any issues that arise and resolve or escalate as appropriate. Seek proactive resolution and continuously suggest ways to improve existing processes and procedures
- Can work independently without close supervision, dealing with any situation that arises and doing all necessary advance work for the Director to minimise their workload
- Can apply discretion and maintain confidentiality
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information please contact Chloe McCauley, Resourcing Lead - email@example.com.