Data Governance Manager
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working in Legal & General is about being there for our customers. We’re available should the worst happen and we work together to drive social and financial equality across the UK.
This is an exciting time to join us as we embark on a transformation journey that brings innovation, technology and design to the fore of our business.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Job Duties
- Create and maintain a first line Governance culture within the Group Customer Data team. Ensuring that team members understand the regulatory landscape, Group policies and procedures and their role in adhering to those
- Ensure that the RPA (Record of Processing Activity) is up to date and signed off by the relevant business areas and that all associated DPIA’s (Data Protection Impact Assessments) are complete and up to date
- Responsibility to assess and manage risk via management of the risk register for the team, maintaining this through good stakeholder management/holding people to account for managing risk appropriately
- Analyse data flows and ensure they are mapped and up to date, reflecting all the processes within the Group Data Team. Where 3rd parties are involved ensure full due diligence is undertaken, all governance processes adhered to and all transfer mechanisms secure and in line with group policy
- Manage and monitor all responses to requests for data in relation to SARs (Subject Access Requests) and customer rights and manage and report any breaches. Ensure that the management of requests aligns to L&G’s Treating Customers Fairly policy.
- Ensure that the team is compliant in relation to the Group IT Security and Cyber Security policies
- Maintain and manage a disaster recovery plan, scenario planning and impacting business processes
- Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area
- Skills Required
- IT security/cyber security planning
- Risk management
- Disaster recovery planning
- Data governance; mapping, DPIAs, records of processing, breaches & customer rights
- Managing and motivating people
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 27 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.