Claims Handler - Register interest
- Role Type
- Up to £18,000.00 depending on experience
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
We care about our customers and are here to protect the things that matter to them – their home, their pet, their car and much more. At GI our mission is to grow our household insurance market share, diversify our range of products and drive innovative ways in which our customers can purchase and interact with us.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- To manage the customer experience throughout the claim, following the recommended call structure and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that all claims are dealt with effectively and efficiently resulting in accurate outcomes.
- To manage case/work load in accordance with service level agreements and customer expectations on daily basis.
- To demonstrate Treating Customers Fairly when handling claims.
- To maintain a good level of technical knowledge once training has been provided.
- To evidence and demonstrate the ability to make decisions whilst taking into account the customers circumstances.
- To demonstrate flexibility depending on customer demand.
- To manage and resolve customer dissatisfaction.
- To recognise where there are inconsistencies during the claims process and take remedial action
- Skills Required
To be successful for the role the skills required are:
- Good rapport/relationship and negotiation skills, competent and confident in interactions with stakeholders and business partners;
- Attention to detail
- Communicating and influencing others
- Excellent organisation skills
- IT literate
- Ability to work within agreed timescales and deadlines and be flexible alongside customer demand.
- To be proactive in identifying problems and constructively look to find solutions.
- To work actively as part of a team and contribute towards delivering team performance
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Training will consist of 11 weeks of classroom and contact centre floor learning, whereby only minimal holiday can be approved.
Please note that there are rotating shift patterns, which fall within Monday - Friday 08:00am 8:00pm, and Saturdays between 9:00am-5:00pm.
Should your application be successful the next stage would involve being invited to a phone interview