- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Creating communities to live, grow and flourish
We believe that the pride and commitment of our staff are the key to our success. By ensuring exceptional levels of care and quality throughout, we aim to become the foremost provider of first class homes and customer service.
- Department Info
Our aim is to establish our reputation as the leading provider of top quality homes and first class customer service in the UK housing sector and to compete for market share with the established residential developers. We want to challenge and change public perception of new homes being inferior to older properties, by delivering a product which surpasses buildings of the past in terms of quality, efficiency and comfort. We are also committed to following a purchasing process that removes the stress and anxiety associated with moving home and one where customer satisfaction is embedded into all aspects of our business, supported by guarantees from a leading UK brand synonymous with honesty and trust. Our vision is, that by creating first class Communities, we will become the residential developer of choice in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
Housing is a major growth opportunity for the Legal & General Group and is a high profile initiative supported by the Executive Board.
An opportunity has arisen within Legal & General Homes (Communities) for an experienced Buyer.
The role holder will procure construction materials and report on the costs against budgets for new build sites, liaising with internal departments and suppliers in a timely and cost effective manner.
The Commercial team oversees everything that revolves around the most cost effective methods of building, including quantity surveying, estimating and the procurement of materials.
The objective is to deliver best quality homes, at the best possible cost. The work is fundamental to the success of the business and presents a fast-moving challenge that will exercise your creativity and commercial flair to the full.
- To liaise with Key Manufacturers and Distributors in regards to forming long term working relationships.
- To prepare and issue out tender packages for each supplier for new developments in a timely manner.
- To analyse and negotiate tenders received, ensuring orders are agreed and placed in line with the programme and remain within the agreed budget.
- To assist the estimator by preparing accurate material schedules and providing construction costs for budgets.
- To participate in the design stage of a new development, providing effective and specialist advice on the cost of construction materials.
- To monitor and check the quality and cost of suppliers’ materials, resolving any issues they may have in relation to the build and design programme.
- To maintain and update a library of suitable suppliers, along with their insurance documents and specifications.
- To prepare monthly liabilities, ensuring the costs remains within budget as well as forecasting ahead and providing analysis on cost to complete
- To be responsible for processing invoices and authorising accounts as and when required, ensuring prompt payment.
- To oversee the costs through-out the build as well as advising on all additional costs and purchasers extras not built into the original budget, seeking the appropriate approval from the Commercial Director.
- To undertake additional tasks requested by the Commercial Director to help with the general workload within the department.
- Skills Required
- Extensive previous knowledge and experience in residential construction.
- Planned and Organised professional with focus on solutions and collaboration.
- A creative problem solver.
- Strong networker, totally committed to community involvement.
- High level of service delivery in a customer centric environment.
- Excellent communicator and negotiator
- Able to educate and improve direct reports to achieve best results.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.