- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working in Legal & General is about being there for our customers. We’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK.
Being a part of L&G team is also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We will help your talent thrive in a supported environment with flexible working and autonomy, sharing our success and being rewarded for your performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Job Duties
The person coming into this role will be primarily responsible for working across LGRI to ensure that data models, data dictionary, Metadata and data lineage are fit for purpose and in accordance with the DAMA Data Management Book of Knowledge best practice principles.
- Analyse current data models and future design documents to establish the data modelling approach
- Liaise with senior leadership, wider business and IT team as required. Ensure key data aspects of the project are appropriately understood by various stakeholders
- Maintain lineage and data dictionary continuously as modifications and enhancements are made
- Own data related test cases and scripts that correspond to business requirements as an input to test planning
- Constantly assess industry best practice against internal methodology and introduce enhancements
- Create and maintain the data models using formal modelling notification along with a range of related documentation, such as - dataflow diagram, source to target mapping, conversion logic, business definitions etc. and gain appropriate approvals
- Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into the day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times
- Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within the role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk
- Skills Required
- Knowledge of pensions and master data management
- Experience of changing an organisation through changing attitudes to data
- Knowledge of all aspects of Data Management
- Experience of multiple tools for analysing, moving, manipulating and delivering meaningful information to decision makers
- Experience of influencing project sponsors and project teams to understand the implications of options in relations to managing data
- Thought leader able to describe the value of data to an organisation
- Track record of building effective relationships in complex environments
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
• A generous pension scheme
• Life assurance
• 27 holiday days
• Overtime Pay
• Private medical insurance
• Performance related bonuses
• A variety of share schemes
• Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.