Conversion Data Analyst
- Role Type
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
- To deliver fine-tuned insights through the effective capture of requirements from internal customers; use of strong data extraction/manipulation & analysis to deliver conclusions back to stakeholders.
- Work with local teams to build strong relationships to aid the delivery of the CRO roadmap
- Use established statistical test methodologies to ensure all analysis activity is measured in a robust and consistent way
- Build and publish automated dashboards and visualisations in PowerBI/Tableau to support the on and offline customer journeys (including after sale on boarding) that will support trading and planning cycles
- Support CRO team with modelled and predictive insight regarding customer’s online behaviours assessing and increasing understanding of conversion drivers, provide a key input to help achieve conversion improvement targets.
- Ensure that all data is stored in a compliant manner with L&G’s data storage policy and that any data transferred is in a secure manner in accordance with L&G’s policy and the data protection act.
- Ensure all recommendations and insight are adhering to L&G’s Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) policy
- Skills Required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in related Data Analytics discipline
- Appropriate knowledge of modelling and reporting techniques to allow prediction and forecasting
- Proven capability to analyse performance, identify trends and produce actionable recommendations
- Experience in SAS, SQL, SPSS or similar
- Experience of Adobe Analytics, Google Double Click (desirable)
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information, please contact Rachel Chima, Resourcing Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our view is that this role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be based in Cardiff, but you could work in other Legal and General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs. Details of agile working will be discussed during the interview process.