Actuarial Graduate Programme 2020
- Role Type
- London & Hove
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
Actuarial work is central to ensuring a profitable, well run insurance business and your work will support the success of a FTSE 100 company. Our actuaries work throughout business measuring, predicting and managing areas of the business with the aim of giving its customers ‘value for money’.
You will be a part of a rotations scheme which allows you to gain in-depth knowledge and exposure of various business areas across London and Hove. Every 18 – 24 months you will rotate into a new team and gain further knowledge of the business. You can expect to gain exposure in three of the following areas: Longevity, Reporting, Pricing, Modelling, Investment or Risk whilst receiving support in studying to become a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA).
Please note that you will be placed in London and Hove during your time on the graduate programme.
- Job Duties
These are examples of the work you may get involved in depending on your rotations.
- Performing actuarial investigations and calculations to produce profitability information and management reports for our products.
- Managing the production of regular experience investigations for our products in order to understand the impact of changes in mortality, morbidity, expenses and persistency.
- Delivering the company and statutory financial reporting results to tight deadlines, including the supporting commentary.
- Collecting and analysing market data to provide insight and aide the pricing actuaries in setting insurance prices.
- Help on-board new PRT reinsurance arrangements, including reviewing and feeding in comments to draft contracts and models
- Support the actuaries in product developments, commercial deals and pricing innovations.
- Supporting the actuaries in developing and building models used by teams to report statutory financials results
- Skills Required
- A-Level in Maths at A or above
- Studying towards or obtained a numerate degree at 2:1 or above
- Good communication skills.
- Personal planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Strong initiative in applying problem solving and analytical skills.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
The advertising period for this role is due to expire on 31 October 2019. For this reason there may be a delay in responding to your application
If you are due to qualify in the summer of 2020, or have graduated in the past few years and are available immediately, then apply today!
For further information, contact Tom Booty, Resourcing Lead - email@example.com . All applications must be submitted via the online portal.