Customer Service Specialist ( Pensions )
- Role Type
- Up to £19,500
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer.
Do you take pride in having great conversations that lead to positive outcomes for customers? If so we'd like to hear from you.
Working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
With a team of over 400 people servicing over 2.8 million customers and over 13,000 corporate clients our Workplace DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be recognised through market leading customer engagement and digital innovation as the expert in helping customers achieve their long term saving goals and to be their employer’s partner of choice.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really care about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
- Provide a range of telephone and web-based services to a customer population ranging from sophisticated, high net worth individuals to non-advised, low tech individuals across the full suite of Workplace Savings products and propositions. Flexing communication styles and content as appropriate.
- Provide factual information to customers for them to manage and plan for their retirement. This will include discussions with customers on their investment fund options and risk profiles.
- Identify customer issues that require escalation (including early resolution complaints) and action promptly, recording customer information as appropriate to ensure that the customer experience is maximised and the Workplace Savings brand is enhanced.
- Record accurate information and produce trend analyse of calls, this will involve regular demand analysis and proposals to reduce the volume on non-value calls.
- Complete Financial Crime protocols to the required standard.
- Skills Required
Previous experience working in a customer service environment, (ideally in a call centre environment) and a real willingness to help customers with simple or complex queries is essential.
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality work for our customers and clients
- Building a positive relationship with the colleagues, customer and clients
- Be able to manage customers service when things go wrong and identify solutions to recurring customer service issues, proposing solutions to those who can act upon it
- Demonstrate excellent listening and questioning techniques
- Manage customer/client expectations when you’re unable to meet their expectations
- Suggest options and agree the way forward with the customer or client
- Keep customers/clients informed at all stages
- Be able to record and report customer information, including feedback
- Knowledge of our systems and procedures
- Knowledge of the claims and benefits available
- Use technical knowledge and understanding of customer and client profile to provide an excellent customer experience
- Knowledge of the industry and Pension environment
- Support complaint resolution and recovery by investigating issues quickly and effectively
- Understand the quality framework, measures and controls
- Knowledge of the aims, basic features of our products and fund range
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Pension Tax regime
- Be able to team work, build trust and respect with others, sharing best practice and ideas.
- Be able to build relationships with other teams and individuals
- Adherence to all regulatory requirements including DPA, GDPR KYC, Complaint Handling and role of the FCA
- Customer Service experience is essential including experience of Vulnerable Customers and the handling of customer complaints
- Good knowledge of pensions legislation and the regulatory framework
Institute of Customer Service - Communications Qualification to be achieved within 2 years
Working patterns will vary depending on the team you join, but you will need be flexible to cover any shift pattern between 8:30pm - 7pm (with occasional Saturday mornings). THis will be 35 hours per week as part of the shift rotation.
Target Start Dates
We are working towards a start date of Mid November 2019. There will be 2 weeks of training, during which time we will need FULL attendance.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information, please contact Christine.Mitchell@landg.com