Finance Reconciliations Specialist
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
- Manage the upload of reconciliation data into the AutoRek application, ensuring this is undertaken in a timely and accurate manner.
- Investigate any reconciliation discrepancies, collaborating closely with colleagues to ensure remediation is undertaken in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify the root cause of reconciliation exceptions and provide recommendations to reduce repeated issues, taking ownership for issues identified and see them through to resolution.
- Be responsible for maintaining MI and other data required to demonstrate a robust audit trail and ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Support the ongoing development of the AutoRek application and the operational processes and controls required to execute reconciliation and other related tasks as efficiently and robustly as possible. Accountable for ongoing development of reconciliation matching rules.
- Liaise with internal and external auditor when required to demonstrate the effectiveness of processes, controls and quality of record keeping in place.
- Understand and apply the FCA and CASS rules governing client money treatment, calculations and reconciliations, maintain knowledge to ensure compliance and authorise client money calculations and reconciliations.
- Skills Required
- Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) levels 1, 2 and 3 - desirable on entry to the role and essential within 3 years of starting.
- A working knowledge and understanding of the FCA CASS framework and rules (desirable)
- Knowledge of operational and banking systems, functions and processes and their impacts on client accounts
- Having an understanding of L&G’s products and funds and the related operational processes is beneficial but not essential
- Have an understanding of methods of reconciliation and data analysis
- Previous experience in a technical accounting/information role and excellent numeracy, investigation and financial problem solving skills
- Reconciliation experience (essential)
- CASS compliance experience within Financial Services (desirable)
- Knowledge of AutoRek or a similar automatic reconciliation tool (desirable)
- Understands the structure and make-up of the client money calculation and how these interact with operational processes, the general ledger, information and databases
- Can undertake technical review of information or the preparation of reports and MI and sign off calculations and reconciliations.
- Understands own work in the wider business context, has sufficient knowledge to recognise if the output is broadly in line with expectations or if there are obvious errors, makes judgements (under some guidance) about action to take and whether an issue needs to be notified or escalated.
- Can work independently and as part of a team, is self-starting, technically competent and motivated, with specific process expertise.
- Can provide analytical, procedural and technical support or undertake investigation to resolve issues.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information, please contact Rachel Chima, Resourcing Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org.