Senior Data Delivery Manager
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
This role sits within our hugely successful retirement division; 2018 reported £9.1BN of pension risk transfer sales, £795M of individual annuity sales, and £1.2BN of Lifetime Mortgage advances. We aim to provide reliable and secure pension income for individuals and corporate pension scheme members, investing an increasing share of our assets in various types of direct investments, by being a leading longevity and mortality expert and combining asset management and risk expertise.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Job Duties
The Senior Data Delivery Manager is responsible for the technical development and implementation of strategic enterprise data solutions within LGR, to reduce operational risk and consolidate asset and liability data into single sources and ensure adherence to Data Management Standards/Policies. Market data solution implementation also forms part of this role. Development includes 3rd party build partners as well as some in-house expertise. The role holder will be accountable for the transition of high risk business developed data solutions into best practice designs, and where appropriate a secondary transition into existing or new data solutions.
- Manage and maintain the team of data, integration and analyst professionals to support the Technology & Transformation change and delivery portfolio. This will require resource demand estimation and capacity management planning to ensure that the capability remains optimally resourced – especially with third party resources
- Low level data design and analysis; collaborate very closely with the Group and Divisional Architecture teams to help define and understand the architecture-owned data strategy. This includes working closely with the Architecture Data Modelling resource to take their conceptual design through to implementation, thereby accountable for the physical data models that implement the conceptual models
- Accountable for the intellectual property of the low level design of all data specific solutions including systems of insight/reporting and off the shelf (COTS) built ETL processes. Accountable for all development artefacts, low level design and delivery from our in house and 3rd party build partners
- Define, deliver and continually improve the strategic technical data implementation capability including core processes, tools and standards, including cloud based technology and data science
- Strategically deliver consistent data solutions that align to the Data Management Standards/Policies whilst balancing pragmatism towards improving business developed solutions, effectively manage end-of-life data solutions and retention
- Continuous improvement; Rationalise high risk business developed applications into appropriately designed and controlled solutions. This will involve integration of knowledge, code and documentation into the existing BAU framework and where applicable definition of revision to process
- To take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance
- Skills Required
• Data and Integration portfolio experience with track record of effective management & reporting
• Experience of driving and implementing consistent data and integration delivery plans across complex geographical / functional matrix organizations
• Proven track record of applying modern data management techniques and tooling across large, complex, change and technology initiatives
• Track record of building effective relationships to ensure approved agreed delivery plans
• Proven background in adapting to trends and openness to new ideas
• Ensuring data management and delivery confidence across all levels with technical and non-technical audiences
- APE/Headcount Shaping, initiation and delivery across 10+ initiatives at any time
- Number of employees managed 4-10
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 30 holiday days
- 12% Car allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.