Events and Marketing Executive
- Role Type
- £30,000 - £48,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
The role holder will be responsible for the management and delivery of our events programme which aims to enhance the service we provide to pension trustees, sponsoring companies and their advisers, and inform their decision making. It includes industry conferences, regional road shows, client receptions and educational seminars. Accountabilities will include:
- Writing events communications and briefing documents and presenting event proposals to a wide range of stakeholders
- Managing delegate registration systems including writing/building event invitation emails, registration pages, and recording attendance.
- Managing event administration including liaising with internal stakeholders, producing documentation and reporting for events (e.g. agendas, onsite schedules, invitations, name badges, place cards, table plans, post event reports).
- Managing relationships with event suppliers and negotiating on costs where applicable in order to secure economies of scale for the business
- Logging and submitting invoices received. Tracking to ensure timely settlement and assisting with the management of our budget.
- Working with the Internal Communications Manager to support internal events such as departmental town halls, manager breakfasts and team meetings.
In addition to events work, the role holder will have a wider role supporting our business development objectives and helping to deliver marketing initiatives to promote PRT products and services. Particular accountabilities will include:
- Assisting in the production of marketing materials including brochures, articles, videos, reports, presentations, newsletters and other documentation; this will include the review and editing of content, working with designers and printers, and coordinating with other internal marketing teams. The role holder must be proficient in PowerPoint and production presentation slide decks from scratch.
- Helping to maintain and update website content. This will include coordination with other groups internally such as the digital team, Group and LGIM to ensure the right connectivity exists.
- Producing reports capturing information such as event feedback, debriefs, and website analytics to measure return on objectives and help inform our decision making and marketing strategy.
- Ensuring conduct risk, compliance and advertising standard policies are followed. The role holder will be involved in submitting PRT content and material to our Advertising Standards team for approval.
- Working with the group brand team to bring our brand to life and ensuring our marketing materials adhere to the correct visual identity and brand guidelines.
- Supporting our public relations and internal communications activities as required
- Skills Required
- Degree level or equivalent industry experience (desirable)
- An understanding of the Legal & General brand and what we stand for as a company
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of event management (ideally in professional or financial services) desirable
- Experience of working with budgets and invoice management
- A knowledge of the pension risk transfer business and how it relates to the rest of the Group and the wider L&G strategy and vision would be beneficial
- Creatively balanced, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritise whilst managing several projects simultaneously.
- Strong PowerPoint skills desirable.
- Experience of working with third party agencies including marketing or creative agencies, venues, production and catering companies.
- Experience of using content management systems to manage and create web content.
- Experience of using client relationship management systems.
- A team player willing to get involved in all aspects of marketing including associated administration.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information, please contact Rachel Chima, Resourcing Conultant