- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
This role is responsible for helping to deliver Legal & General (L&G) group-wide cost analysis and challenge and promoting across Group the need for strong cost planning and management. Working collaboratively with Group Performance and other cost teams in Finance & Accounting Operations (F&AO) the role will act as an expert in relation to cost analysis and reporting queries.
Forecasting & Planning
- Assist with the timetabling and coordination of the detailed Plan and Forecast expense processes, including ensuring these meet the requirements for the overall Group planning process as defined by Group Performance;
- Validate, reconcile and review the divisional forecast expense submissions to ensure understanding of any key movements and issues;
- Analyse the divisional forecast expense submissions as a basis for setting the annual Plan expense targets. Ensure cost targets agreed at a high level are properly reflected in divisional cost plans and forecasts;
- Prepare detailed cost analysis and other deliverables required by Group Performance for the annual strategy day meetings and other Plan review meetings with senior stakeholders.
- Assist with preparation of expense and headcount related reports and deliver insightful commentary for Group and LGAS Exco and Board packs;
- Work collaboratively with the divisional Finance teams to provide tailored MI which gives clarity and insight into the expense base;
- Prepare regular cost trend analysis across a number of metrics, using the output as the basis for challenging divisional spends patterns and trends and undertaking cost deep dive analysis when appropriate/requested
- Assist with the authorisation and governance process for allocation updates and provide MI that promotes any process / system improvements and a culture of transparency on allocated costs.
- Provide a strong control framework for expense reporting, both internally and with divisional Finance teams, to promote accuracy and consistency;
- Ensure there is a clear understanding of where expense allocation data is used and how this impacts the group results.
Maintain strong working relationships with divisional Finance teams to enable efficient and effective cost review discussions. Review materials submitted by divisional finance teams and highlight key points and issues for discussion at the meetings. Prepare minutes and track actions following the meetings;
- Assist the Snr. Finance Analyst and Head of Cost Analysis & Challenge in delivering the Cost Management Transformation project, including the development of a new planning & forecasting system and other expense reporting & analytical capabilities
- Work collaboratively, both within the team and with other stakeholders, to manage multiple priorities and ensure delivery targets are met.
- Skills Required
- ACCA / CIMA finalist / newly qualified
- A degree is desirable but not essential if comparable experience in an analytical finance role can be demonstrated.
- Advanced Excel
- A general awareness of UK GAAP and an understanding of the ethical framework for finance professionals
- A good understanding of the financial service sector, its key regulators and the nature of long term insurance business.
- A good understanding of process integrity and task dependency in complex processes sufficient to propose design options, audit, test and understand the constraints of complex spreadsheet and database models.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to clearly draw out key messages from a large volume of data
- Strong desktop skills – particularly Excel - with the ability to gather data from a number of complex systems, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially given the interaction with senior stakeholders and business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- An eye for accuracy to ensure quality outputs
- Strong finance system skills – particularly on Oracle ledger systems and MI reporting tools – with the ability to integrate and assess data for validity and onward reporting
- Good understanding of expense allocation methodologies and their applications in meeting business requirements.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information please contact Chloe McCauley, Resourcing Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org.