- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
- Takes end to end responsibility for the delivery of projects establishing and maintaining the correct structures to control and monitor the deliverables to the business, including where appropriate the delivery of the target operating model.
- Leads project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for projects, ensuring that comprehensive project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained and issues are actively managed through to their successful resolution.
3. Implement effective communication plans appropriate to the audience
situation and the desired outcome in order to manage the smooth delivery
of the project
- Manage third party relationships ensuring that dependencies are identified and managed and deliverables are achieved, as defined in the project’s plan and without incurring unnecessary cost or delay to the project.
- Maintains effective financial controls and project progress forecasting, and reports as appropriate.
- Ensures that a change control procedure is in place, and actively used to assess the effect of changes to the projects on costs, timescale and/or resource needs and reports these to project sponsors
- Identify, secure and manage project resources to achieve project objectives in line with the project plan, approved funding and within expected quality and timescales.
- Demonstrate compliance with agreed methodology, standards, policies and procedures to ensure strong governance, sharing knowledge and providing feedback and ideas so that performance is continually improved.
- Ensures that projects are formally closed, that lessons learned are captured and that benefits realisation planning has been initiated.
- EITHER: Manages the development, training, and appraisal system for project staff, OR: Advises resource or competency managers (project staff line managers) on the development, training and appraisal issues for project staff.
- Ensure that appropriate prioritising, planning, resourcing and contingency for customer issues are integrated into project and resource plans so they are central to delivery and aligned to L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly Policy.
- Skills Required
You must be a skilled Project Manager with significant agile experience and a background in financial services.
Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
Corporate, Industry and Professional Governance
Proficient in standards associated with the practitioner's current Role. Examples: End to end, Group policies and procedures, L&G risk framework
Understanding the hierarchy and culture of own, customer and supplier organisations and being able to identify the decision makers and influencers in order to successfully implement target operating model.
Proficient in principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and monitoring of budgets to minimise costs and ensure cost-effectiveness.
Project Management Methodology
Proficient in principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation. Example: PRINCE, MSP
Proficient in methods and techniques for creating and delivering effective training to support the implementation.
Customer Service Techniques
Proficient in techniques for ensuring that full account is taken of customers' real and stated needs in the delivery of products and services.
Contract selection and Management
Familiar with methods and techniques for selection and managing contracts to ensure that third parties adhere to agreed contract requirements.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.