Group Financial Controls Manager
- Role Type
- Up to £76,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
Working alongside the FCF implementation lead, support all phases of the project, including:
- Detailed planning
- Design and development of framework
- Deployment/implementation across L&G globally
- Reporting to key stakeholders
- Post-implementation maintenance
Support the development of the FCF end-to-end methodology and principles, including (but not limited to):
- Scope of coverage
- Governance and review process
- Approach to risk identification
- Risk and control assessment
- Validation testing
- Assessment of issues and exceptions
- Documentation standards and templates
Support the delivery of BAU activity in relation to the FCF, including responsibility for certain divisions/functions, including:
- Risk assessment validation
- Independent walkthrough and operating effectiveness testing
- Agreement and rating of deficiencies, as well as associated remediation plans
- Reporting to key stakeholders
- Engage with key stakeholders as to facilitate smooth delivery
Support the roll-out of the FCF across the Group, with specific responsibility for certain divisional and/or functional areas, including:
- validation exercises to ensure implementation is being appropriately conducted;
- identification of key controls;
- remediation of control deficiencies.
Support the preparation of communications to inform, educate and, as necessary, influence the Audit Committee, the Group’s auditors, and other internal stakeholders/interested parties.
Support the development of a suite of management information for regular presentation to the Audit Committee, Group CFO, and other key stakeholders.
Actively challenge process and systems being applied and developed during the project.
- Skills Required
- Qualified Accountant or Risk professional with significant PQE in insurance sector
- Broad understanding of the Legal & General Group and its products
- Strong understanding of financial reporting risk and control frameworks
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of the risks and processes associated with insurance and asset management businesses
- Ability to critically challenge technical requirements and to think outside the box to find innovative, practical and commercial solutions to problems
- Highly persuasive on technical matters through written and verbal communications
- Ability to influence key senior stakeholders
- Ability to analyse complex problems and propose solutions
- Ability to work under pressure towards tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and distinguish what really matters amongst a large quantity of information and make judgement calls
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise written reports
- Ability to take existing processes and improve/ simplify
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Open, actively seek to discuss issues and share information.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.