Senior Actuarial Technician
- Role Type
- Hove or London
- £35,000 - £45,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
The role will be to support and assist the Pricing Actuary. The responsibilities of this role are wide ranging and you will be exposed to all areas of pricing, modelling and analytical work: This includes:
- Develop and price new and existing products, by providing pricing expertise and any additional actuarial support as required.
- Interpret the results of the experience investigations and update the pricing model and basis using data analysis and modelling techniques.
- Maintain and manage the existing suite of products and assist in the delivery of new projects and initiatives developed within the business unit
- Monitor the new business performance and competitor prices and bringing significant trends or features to the attention of the Pricing Actuary.
- Maintain appropriate documentation supporting the pricing procedures, analyses, decisions, processes and controls.
- Support the Pricing Actuary to determine optimal reinsurance arrangements for the protection products.
- Skills Required
- Suitable for a part qualified actuary who has decided to stop studying for exams.
Experience and background
- Some experience in Prophet coding.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ of life experience.
- Ideally someone with life insurance background such as pricing and reporting (pricing experience is not necessary but would be useful).
- Must be flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of tasks.
- Strong Excel skills – ability to produce technical calculations using Excel with clear audit trail.
- Some understanding of a range of Protection products and reporting metrics.
- Broad all round knowledge and awareness of relevant regulation and seek advice when necessary.
- Good IT skills: Prophet, Excel, VBA.
- Must be flexible and ability to multi-task effectively to meet strong demand.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and good time management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Team player, with demonstrable experience of helping a team to succeed in its goals.
- Put forward ideas and identify and act upon opportunities to enhance the performance of the team.
- Demonstrate professional responsibility and accountability.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more details, please contact Helen Brockbank - Resourcing Lead - email@example.com.