Senior Full Stack CMS Engineer
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working in Legal & General is about being there for our customers. We’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK.
Being a part of L&G team is also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We will help your talent thrive in a supported environment with flexible working and autonomy, sharing our success and being rewarded for your performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function supports our businesses across the UK and abroad. We deliver essential services and activities that have a real impact our customers’ lives. We enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Job Duties
- Provide technical leadership across aspects of the technology stack and demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Implement and champion agile technical practices; TDD, Continuous Integration/Delivery, pair programming, refactoring, emergent design etc.
- Introduce modern tooling as appropriate to optimise the delivery time-scale and quality of the software product
- Apply expert knowledge in design workshops, utilise emergent design and architectural principles and patterns to produce well-engineered solutions
- Participate and contribute to all relevant agile ceremonies; planning, estimation, show & tells and retrospectives
- Work with analysts to interpret high level requirements for complex, large scale initiatives and transform them into user stories
- Work in a collaborative, sharing, open, transparent way
- Coaching and mentoring team members in regards to programming, technology and working practices
- Escalate complex challenges, issues and risks as well as proposing mitigating actions
- Drive continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products
- Skills Required
- Automation testing tools - e.g. Protractor, Puppeteer, Cypress.io
- Source code management - e.g. Git
- Workflow; versioning, branching, merging, pull requests
- Agile working practices, e.g. Scrum, Kanban
- Web Security
- Developing for accessibility
- Working in a DevOps environment
- Cloud based infrastructure, e.g. AWS
- Contributing to CI/CD pipelines, e.g. Jenkins
- A supportive, communicative and collaborative approach to working in a team
- An understanding of the different drivers and needs of customers, distributors and partners
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 27 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.