BI Reporting Analyst
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
Are you an ambitious person looking for their next challenging role?
Do you have a passion for data and enjoy solving business problems by unlocking the value within it?
Are you looking to work in a forward thinking, progressive team?
If so then we would like to hear from you!
- Collating data from different sources
- Building data models to enable optimised business reporting to take place
- Assessing data requirements, communicating, iterating as needed to deliver the bigger picture to the business
- Producing well formatted reports and conditional formatting based on data
- Undertaking analysis & present finding in a clear manner
- Supporting the business when investigating new opportunities
- Troubleshooting queries and reports
- Maintaining and servicing the current report offering to the business
- Driving governance and data quality through working with our 3rd parties
- Skills Required
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate they have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A proven track record of delivering structured BI solutions & insight
- Previous experience grounded in a BI team, including exposure to ETL development, data integration and analytics
- A strong background in PowerBI, especially in the usage of DAX
- A good understanding and experience of Structured Query Language (SQL) is essential
- Exposure and understanding of data modelling concepts and BI methodologies
- An understanding of Business Objects Webi & Launchpad is desirable
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.