- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- Up to £34,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
Purpose of the role:
As part of the LGI Commercial & DQM (Data Quality Management) team this role is required to support critical activities related to managing our distributor propositions. Working for the Senior Commercial Manager the role will require the successful candidate to manage the implementation of commission / pricing terms for distributors as well as supporting key processes to manage counterparty credit risk and investigate potential distributor fraud.
The role offers great insight into the Individual Protection element of the LGI business and provides an opportunity to work with many different departments and the LGI senior management team.
- To ensure all agency commission, pricing and 2 year requests are correctly approved and implemented onto the core business systems in line with requirements and to ensure key audit trails are maintained at all times.
- To ensure key risk reporting is completed including relevant board reporting.
- To maintain and report on the commission review database in order to ensure that key accounts are reviewed on a timely basis. As part of this responsibility it will be a requirement to carry out full commission reviews on not less than a quarterly basis.
- To provide complaint investigation services for commission / pricing issues delivered to the team on behalf of distribution partners. This responsibility will include ensuring root causes are identified, dealt with and relevant action is taken to resolve the complaints.
- Support our distribution colleagues with pricing and commission related queries
- To provide key agency, commission related MI regarding activities in order to evidence delivery of service and that the business is operating within desired operating tolerances.
- To manage, develop and use various systems (including Business Objects, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel) to provide critical support information to the DQM program regarding key distributer behavioural traits. This responsibility will require MI analysis to be performed on a monthly basis and representation of this information at relevant DQM Committees.
- Perform firm profitability analysis for inclusion in Committee packs and ad hoc requests
- To support the Senior Commercial Manager with relevant ad hoc projects.
- Skills Required
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of regulatory framework
- Understanding of financial analysis
- Experience in a commercial function within a financial services environment
- Commercial Management in sales environment
- Creative thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Relationship management
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information please contact Chloe McCauley, Resourcing Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org.