- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Be responsible for signing off the models used to manage reinsurance, longevity and collateral arrangements which are set up during the on-boarding phase and engage with the PRT New Business Teams where necessary. For signed off models, retain ownership of these models post-sale from the point of view of functionality, quality of data and controls;
- Review the quality and accuracy of post-sale calculations relating to reinsurance, longevity and collateral arrangements completed by team members, including signing off the amounts, and ensure the consistency and accuracy of all information sent to trustees and reinsurers.
- Ensure that the highest level of support is provided by team members to post-sale clients (internal and external) including consultants, trustees and reinsurers at all times. Manage individual post-sale projects to agreed timelines, as agreed with the Head of PRT Business Services, including the on-boarding of new reinsurance arrangements.
- Ensure that the team works in line with all relevant processes and procedures and that quality and governance remains of paramount importance. Identify and help implement process improvements to drive efficiency throughout the team.
- Engage in the day to day relationships with clients post sale.
- Play an active role supporting the Technical Services Director in training and developing more junior team members, with emphasis on promoting knowledge and career development.
- Skills Required
- Qualified actuary;
- Previous relevant experience of working in a consultancy environment or another relevant pricing role (e.g. life insurance or de risking provider);
- Previous team/people management experience, including the active development of more junior staff;
- The ability to work quickly and accurately. High attention to detail;
- Extensive knowledge of Defined Benefit Pension Schemes; and
- Strong project management skills with a track record of working on complex projects with short timescales.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
- Job Summary
PRT Business Services are looking to recruit a Grade 5 qualify actuary into our London office. The successful candidate will work closely with other PRT Teams on new and existing arrangements, signing off the models used to manage the associated Reinsurance and Collateral, and reviewing and signing off the calculations completed by the Team.