Senior Digital Architect
- Role Type
- Moorgate, London
- Closing Date
- Company Info
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
LGIM is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. LGIM continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
With a team of over 400 people servicing over 2.8 million customers and over 13,000 corporate clients our Workplace DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be recognised through market leading customer engagement and digital innovation as the expert in helping customers achieve their long term saving goals and to be their employer’s partner of choice.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business, which really cares about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Job Duties
Purpose of the role
Apply authoritative knowledge of technology, and expert facilitation skills to develop and secure buy-in into the strategic vision for the technology infrastructure underpinning all aspects of digital customer experience and customer servicing in a number of investments-related lines of business across Legal & General. Support multiple teams executing against the vision in a fast-paced Agile delivery environment. Develop architecture talent and advance the level of architecture practice in digital teams across the Group
- Working in partnership with product management and other stakeholders develop and maintain end-to-end strategic vision and implementation roadmap for the technology platform supporting the ambitions of Personal Investing and Workplace Pensions businesses within the Investments division of L&G
- Support multiple Agile teams delivering to the strategic vision through a series of initiatives making sure that the strategic architecture intent is understood and acted upon by the delivery teams, and the variations against the vision are fed back into the strategic dialogue
- Recruit and manage a small number of junior members of the architecture team supporting the translation of the vision into the execution at the product level
- Advance the level of architecture practice in L&G by mentoring junior members of the architecture team, as well as reaching out to other team members and across the Group-wide architecture community for the opportunities to collaborate and establish architecture standards and strategies
- Introduce new technology solutions to business problems delivering step change in reliability, performance, ease of use, and the perception of the business in the eyes of the customers, as well as educate product management and other stakeholders about such opportunities
- Research and understand industry developments and trends so that that the strategic vision has sufficient flexibility to accommodate the likely future demand for specific technology capabilities
- Promote Legal and General as a place of work and collaboration through public appearances in relevant professional circles. Raise the profile of Legal and General as a technology-first organisation that allows engineering talent to flourish in a purposeful and mission-driven environment.
- Ensure sufficient prominence is given to such technology features that would make sure customers receive appropriate and timely information where necessary, and are not unfairly limited in their ability to act in their best interests. Seek feedback from customers that aims to identify areas for improvement in the technology strategy
- Skills Required
Degree or equivalent working experience
- Proficiency in facilitation and communication tools used to develop and share technology strategies and architectures
- Good grasp of the breadth of modern technologies used to develop digital customer experience, derive and act upon the insights from customer data, and optimise customer servicing processes
- Good understanding of the retail financial services sector (understanding of personal investing products and workplace pensions would be a plus)
- Familiarity with the concepts of Scaled Agile Framework (or similar iterative delivery methodologies) and the demand it place on the role of an architect
- Understanding key principles and technologies constituting the API Economy
- Familiarity with trends of technology-led disruption across different industries, and ability to articulate their likely impact on financial services sector
- Significant prior experience designing solutions for online and mobile customer experience and digital customer servicing utilising modern technology stacks
- Experience working in an Agile delivery organisation, and iteratively developing and implementing architecture vision in an Agile environment
Ability to establish good working relationships with business stakeholders on the basis of partnership (as opposed to order-taking) whilst leading the work on developing and communicating technology strategy
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 30 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
- 12% car allowance scheme
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
- Job Summary
Senior Digital Architect