Procurement Consultant - GI Supplier Management
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
We care about our customers and are here to protect the things that matter to them – their home, their pet, their car and much more. At GI our mission is to grow our household insurance market share, diversify our range of products and drive innovative ways in which our customers can purchase and interact with us.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
To manage applicable Procurement projects, by providing ownership, guidance and best practice techniques in the selection of third party relationships (non Claims and IT). The focus of the role is primarily on Procurement as well as assisting with the management and maintenance of the governance / oversight controls including supporting the Managers with a variety of sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) governance activities ensuring adherence and compliance to regulatory requirements and Group Policies and Procedures.
- Manage the Procurement and/or Due Diligence process ensuring that arrangements are in line with Group Policies and Procedures, L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly Policy, and meet all associated Regulatory and Corporate Social Responsibility requirements.
- Monitor compliance and adherence to the Supplier Management Handbook and Procurement / SRM governance frameworks, regularly engaging with Managers, subject matter experts and suppliers/partners to ensure they are fully aware and compliant of Legal & General’s on-going business, regulatory, legal and legislative requirements.
- Define, develop and deliver governance / oversight frameworks, processes and procedures to ensure that business relationships are sourced and managed in line with Legal & General’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy.
- Influence and work with stakeholders to promote and implement the GI Supplier Management Procurement strategy, endorse professional procurement involvement and standard practices. Operate within the Procurement operating model effectively and with pace without compromising on appropriate rigour and governance.
- Manage projects in line with the departmental strategy and project plan. Manage the procurement process to enable growth through selection of appropriate partners whilst minimising risk. Ensure support and compliance with all relevant business policies and procedures.
- Maintain close working relationships with the account management team, operational teams and other key internal stakeholders, and a network of market contacts in order to enhance personal and business knowledge of industry activity.
- Maintain a commercial and technological awareness of the supplier market to enable understanding of consumer trends and aid benchmarking activity, through tracking of competitor and consumer activity and developments.
- Proactively help develop strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders at all levels. Adopt and promote agile working practices to ensure visibility and availability with key stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of Legal & General business and product developments and identify and exploit commercial opportunities in agreement with the relevant business area. Be seen as an effective enabler for delivery of L&G’s business strategies. Maximise value by facilitating early engagement in the buying decision.
- Skills Required
- MCIPS or equivalent experience would be desirable
Procurement and Outsourcing:
- A thorough understanding of the commercial purchasing and outsourcing process, and the tools and techniques required.
- Contract formation & management:
- Sufficient understanding of contract law to be able to draft agreements with third parties, taking ownership of the commercial decisions.
- Understanding contract law sufficiently to be able to spot risks, gaps and opportunities and to be able to ensure supplier delivery to the required cost and quality
- Understanding the supply chain specific to Legal & General GI including the role of suppliers, their importance and their impact on Legal & General.
- A knowledge of tools and techniques to evaluate the balance of power between Legal & General and its suppliers, the impact of this balance/imbalance and how to use it or change it to Legal & General’s advantage
- A knowledge of legal requirements and Legal & General’s Corporate Social Responsibility.
Supply Market Knowledge:
- An understanding of the relevant goods and services required by the business and detailed knowledge of the appropriate supply market places.
Legal & General Knowledge:
- An understanding of the Legal & General business structure, products and services, and operating environment.
- Establishing effective relationships with peers, senior business managers who consider the holder to be a Subject Matter Expert and ‘Go to’ person.
- Influencing spend categories and business unit purchasing decisions.
- Interpreting business needs and requirements and ensuring that these are delivered.
- Ensuring appropriate Procurement representation on strategic projects.
- Ability to negotiate and structure complex deals and contracts, optimising of price, quality, delivery and service.
- Demonstrate a high-degree of numeracy, allowing the jobholder to make quick calculations, understand commercial offers and make decisions based on them to obtain best value.
- The ability to calculate best value in the supply chain, taking account of price, quality, delivery and service.
- The accurate reporting of cost changes and cost avoidance.
- The use of cost/benefit analysis in the evaluation of commercial opportunities.
- The ability to lead, innovate and deliver solutions to commercial/service problems
Leadership and Team Working:
- Promote GI Supplier Manager, lead by example and ensure professional conduct at all times.
- Lead purchasing related initiatives, appropriate projects and objective setting and monitoring of progress against targets.
- Manage, motivate and support the project teams.
- Demonstrate sound commercial judgement at all times and the ability to make the right decision or recommendation to peers and senior management quickly.
- Able to identify and adhere to important deadlines and re-schedule less important tasks as appropriate, ensuring customers are kept informed.
- Meet and/or exceed departmental and personal objectives as appropriate.
- Project management skills.
- High standard of written and verbal communication / presentation.
- The ability to prepare business cases, contracts and senior management briefings and summaries.
- The ability to give clear and comprehensive instructions and also to interpret and deliver against instructions received.
- Represent Legal & General professionally with customers and suppliers.
- The ability to interpret ethical policy and differentiate between normal and excessive business gifts and/or hospitality.
- Constant demonstration of the ethical values of Legal & General, leading by example internally and externally.
- To be able to negotiate all contractual terms including data protection, intellectual property rights, direct and consequential damages employment law (particularly TUPE and Right to Work).
- An understanding of unenforceable provisions (Unfair Contract Terms).
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information on this role, please contact Rachel Chima, Resourcing Consultant - email@example.com.