Quality Manager (Buildings)
- Role Type
- Home based (travel required)
- up to £44,100
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
We care about our customers and are here to protect the things that matter to them – their home, their pet, their car and much more. At GI our mission is to grow our household insurance market share, diversify our range of products and drive innovative ways in which our customers can purchase and interact with us.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Responsible for driving the service and quality requirements of the Legal and General Repair Solutions (LGRS) contractor network.
- Deliver closed file and site audit oversight function, Service Level Agreement (SLA) breach management, maintain regular and routine network governance activity standards, assist in the maintenance and development of claims management systems, and take primary responsibility for the analysis and investigation of network related executive level complaints.
- To use recognised continuous improvement methodology to challenge/implement best practice, and new controls that will deliver cost, process, customer experience and quality benefits.
- Implement and deliver 2nd line closed file auditing function to drive quality and consistency in the LGRS audit programme, in line with L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly Policy, ensuring that contractual, service, financial, technical, health & safety, operational and regulatory requirements are being met at all times
- Undertake regular 2nd line site audit activity across all 4 UK contractor regions on a monthly basis in collaboration with regional Technical Supplier Performance Managers (TSPM).
- Undertake structured, systematic and on-going analysis of LGRS contractor SLA breaches/inactivity on the Metrix claims management system.
- Manage contractor performance on the provision of H&S, competent person schemes, and insurance certification renewals.
- Assist LGI Customer Claims Team with the analysis and investigation of Executive level complaints.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of TBS systems including the LGRS Metrix claims management system. Deputise for the Technical Manager (Buildings) in periods of absence to maintain system continuity and service.
- Skills Required
- Professional QS / Building Surveying qualification or equivalent preferred. BDMA Ins Tech or equivalent desired. Health and Safety – ROSPA or equivalent desired.
- Broad understanding of principles of insurance - risk management and claims handling, compliance and regulatory issues, legislative influences, risk assessment, risk pricing and loss prevention techniques.
- Fully conversant with the insurance reinstatement building and restoration industry including all relevant legal, Health & Safety and regulatory requirements.
- Essential to have detailed understanding of the works processes and technical challenges of buildings repairs and restoration.
- Ability and experience to undertake technical site and closed file audits.
- A detailed understanding of cost structures and drivers within building repair network businesses to obtain best value for money terms for L&G and its customers.
- Strong customer service background and insurance reinstatement IT platform knowledge.
- Preferably having experience at surveyor, supervisor or management level within a buildings repair or restoration environment. Good analytical skills from a technical, operational and financial perspective. Good working understanding of IT systems generally and Claim/Repair management systems specifically. Continuous Improvement, problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective action planning skills.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information, please contact Rachel Chima, Resourcing Consultant - email@example.com.