- Role Type
- London or Hove
- Up to £35,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
The role will be to support and assist the Pricing Manager . The responsibilities of this role are wide ranging and you will be exposed to all areas of pricing, modelling and analytical work: This includes:
- Develop and price new and existing products, by providing pricing expertise and any additional support as required.
- Help maintain the existing suite of products and assist in the delivery of new projects.
- Monitor and analyse market rates and identify strategies and tactics to improve market share and new business profitability.
- Help to develop and update models used within price optimisation
- Maintain appropriate documentation supporting the pricing procedures, analyses, decisions, processes and controls.
- The development of price optimisation models for Life Insurance products.
- Develop new pricing concepts, taking into consideration pricing trends within the market.
If London based, the successful candidate must be willing to travel to Hove on a weekly basis.
- Skills Required
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ideally with 2 to 3 years’ of General Insurance, Life or relevant pricing experience
- Strong Excel skills including VBA
- Ability to develop and recommend ideas
- Ability to work under time pressure and independently with minimal support
- Ability to conduct complex analyses e.g. root cause, productiveness and performance testing. You will report outcomes of the analyses to enable continuous improvement of data and models
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ (with potential to rise) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more details, please contact Helen Brockbank - Resourcing Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org