Financial Controller, L&G Affordable Homes
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Creating communities to live, grow and flourish.
We believe that the pride and commitment of our staff are the key to our success. By ensuring exceptional levels of care and quality throughout, we aim to become the foremost provider of first-class affordable homes and to ensure the highest quality customer journey is experienced.
- Department Info
Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
- Job Duties
L&G Affordable Homes is a newly established affordable housing business within L&G Capital. The business has ambitious plans to grow the business into a leading player in the affordable housing sector to help address the chronic housing shortage in the UK and drive innovation through the sector, whilst delivering fair returns for shareholders .Affordable Housing is a key component of the integrated L&G housing strategy.
To help the business deliver on this ambition the business is recruiting a Financial Controller to support the Financial Director establishing the appropriate Finance systems, controls and operations to enable effective financial support of the business. Responsibilities will include management accounting, financial planning and analysis, business performance analysis and business partnering.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and MI including variance analysis and commentary
- Financial planning including, forecast, plans and relevant commentary
- Support of strategic planning and analysis including business modelling and risk assessments.
- Prepare statutory reporting and meet compliance obligations including VAT returns etc.
- Support Financial Operations including accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure successful implementation of the core accounting business systems and development of financial systems/models
- Work with Group Treasury and external lenders (as appropriate) managing the cash flow requirement through funding requests
- Monitor working capital and cash flow requirements ensuring that sufficient funding is available to satisfy monthly operations e.g. payroll, PAYE, purchase ledger
- Partner key business management in providing financial and planning support.
- Deliver relevant tax and regulatory reporting
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Record the valuation changes to the affordable housing stock
- Skills Required
This role will suite someone keen to be involved in all financial aspects of the business and gain broad finance experience. It is part of a small finance team (Initially 2 being the Finance Director and the Financial Controller) and will be very hands on and has high visibility within the business.
- Qualified accountant or by qualified by relevant experience
- An ability to work in a start-up environment and establish processes and controls
- An understanding of the corporate environment and ability to work to Group deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent IT and presentation skills
- Broad financial experience (reporting, accounting, planning)
- House building/construction experience would be an advantage, but not essential
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note applications can only be made online via the portal.