LGI IFRS17 Actuarial Lead
- Role Type
- Up to £100,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- To lead the development and implementation of IFRS 17 reporting capability for the LGI division.
- Provide the strategic direction for the team’s IFRS 17 reporting methodologies, systems and processes.
- Support the modelling, assessment and planning of the financials for the key components of IFRS17.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders including.
- Present methodology proposals, incorporating supporting analysis, rationale and commentary for approval.
- Support analysis and review of systems and processes to ensure that the risks are assessed and appropriately controlled.
- Skills Required
Typically the jobholder will be a qualified actuary with extensive experience in life insurance reporting
Typically the jobholder will have a good understanding of the following:
- Reporting metrics: IFRS, Solvency II
- Current IFRS financial statements
- Protection products
- UK finance sector
- Risk and regulatory requirements
- Implementing change
Specific experience and skills:
- Typically the jobholder will have UK Financial Reporting experience
- Analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness
- Stakeholder management, and mentoring experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Reviewing methodology and processes, and updating methodologies and processes
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more details on this role, please contact Helen Brockbank - Resourcing Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org