Customer Service Consultant
- Role Type
- up to £18,500
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
We are currently recruiting for several Customer Service Consultants to join our Insurance Customer Service area in Hove.
- We are seeking talented, customer focussed individuals to join us in achieving our goal to make life better by inspiring more people to protect their lifestyles. We have a strong team ethos where we work collaboratively to achieve the best for the customer.
- You will:
- Manage customer telephony contact across a range of customer call types, products and processes.
- Provide exceptional customer service that will drive Net Promoter Scores, Customer Ease and First Contact Resolution.
- Pro-actively manage relationships with Customers, Financial Advisers and internal departments, through professional communication, promotional activity including promotion of Self Service, and resolving service issues where possible at first point of contact.
- Constructively challenge the way we work and be an advocate for change by participating in team meetings and raising ideas with your Team Manager to improve the customer journey or business efficiency.
- Protects our customers, people and shareholders by complying with regulatory requirements.
- Offer support, advice and assistance to other members of the team, thereby contributing to a highly motivated, enthusiastic and efficient team ethos and, together, make our customers’ experience as easy as possible and one that they can be delighted with each and every time.
- Obtain knowledge and awareness of internal procedures and proactively helps ensure compliance with these within their teams to minimise risks.
- Work with your Team Manager to manage your own personal development to continually improve your skills and knowledge by attending scheduled 121s, coaching sessions and any planned training courses or e-learning modules.
- Skills Required
As a successful Customer Service Consultant you'll strive to display your acquired knowledge and skills to help us achieve a positive customer experience. You'll be reliable and resilient and will demonstrate:
- Effective communication skills - an ability to listen and comprehend customer requests. A confident and pleasant telephone manner
- Highly customer focused, with an outgoing nature and ability to show empathy and relate to customers
- Good initiative, problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to plan and organise your time and workflow effectively
- Ability to work on multiple computer systems and interpret a range of information
- Strong attention to detail and familiar with meeting quality standards
- Can demonstrate good team work ethic and of working collaboratively with others
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
The successful candidates will have 6 weeks training starting on 8th April. Therefore we will not be able to accomodate any holidays during that time.
Working patterns cover between 8.30am - 6.30pm Mon to Fri and Sat 9am-1pm as part of a shift rotation ( 35 hours a week ). The pattern incorporates approx 1 in 8 Saturdays as part of the rota.
For further information, please contact Christine.Mitchell@landg.com