- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Validate and triage new Group Protection claims by completing all the required data checks and where appropriate, through liaison with other Workplace Health & Protection Operations teams.
- Prepare new and existing Group Protection claims for payment, calculating and revising the annual benefit payable. Ensuring that appropriate documentation is issued.
- Where appropriate request medical evidence on new and existing Group Protection claims, from GPs, consultants and other medical specialists.
- Ensure that claims are reviewed in line with targeted dates as specified during the assessment process
- Develop and build effective relationships with IFA’s and Policyholders (employers), in order to maximise the effectiveness of our benefit management processes including the provision of support for the portfolio management of defined schemes.
- Where appropriate, assist in the provision of Management Information on portfolio accounts which analyses performance and identifies key trends
- Ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customers’ expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy, where failings are identified; provide information to relevant areas to enable changes to be made.
- Authorise payment of Group Protection claims for payment within individual authorisation limits as agreed by the Head of Benefits
- Adhere to processes and systems to ensure that all customer data is dealt with appropriately in accordance with legislation, in particular the Data Protection Act (1995), the Access to Medical Reports Act (1988) and Legal & General’s Confidentiality Policy.
- Skills Required
The jobholder is encouraged to obtain the Group Risk module of the FPC qualification, which is a qualification supported by the Chartered Insurance Institute.
Knowledge of core Group Protection products specifically income protection
Good knowledge of Legal & General’s claims processes and procedures
Understanding of the investigative and rehabilitation services provided by external organisations.
Understanding of State Incapacity Benefits.
. The jobholder requires excellent interpersonal skills to be able to deal confidently and effectively with IFA’s, policyholders, individual claimants and staff and management of Legal & General.
The Role is not regulated by the FCA, and the jobholder is not an approved person. However, the jobholder will be responsible for ensuring regulatory standards associated with the role are achieved at all times.
The drive to take ownership of and resolve customer queries and complaints.
Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel and other Microsoft products.
An ability to work to deadlines and targets.
The jobholder has authorised approval limits as agreed by the Head of
The job holder may be required to represent the area at internal meetings
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.