Finance Analyst (9 Month Fixed Term Contract)
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Management Information. Produce monthly and quarterly reports and management information packs for senior management meetings to aid decision-making and in order to achieve business cost targets. Produce ad-hoc analysis / slides in support of demonstrating how we are tracking to the overall Group cost targets.
- Direct Expense Management. Assist in the production, analysis and provision of supporting business commentary on current and projected direct expenses and FTE positions, highlighting trends and risks against Forecast and Plan. To assist the Finance Manager in challenging the business on expense matters, and ensure that appropriate controls are in place to eliminate excessive, wasteful or inappropriate spending by the business. To produce monthly expense schedules and provides suitable information to the Finance Manager for the monthly expense review meetings.
- Allocated Expense Management. Assist in the production of cost centre allocations in conjunction with the business, ensuring allocations are reviewed and updated on a timely basis in accordance with directives from the Allocations Governance Committee. Assist the Finance Manager to challenge, where appropriate, allocations made to products to ensure fair and equitable cost sharing.
- Business Partnering & Relationship Management. To work independently with managers and directors to help them understand financial perspectives, enabling the business to adopt a proactive and innovative role in financial and commercial matters, establishing a firm base for the successful future development and growth.
- Financial Control. Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of robust accounting standards, policies and financial controls across the team to ensure compliance with the Group Standards, statutory requirements and the control framework. Ensure all processes and financial transactions are compliant with internal and external audit requirements.
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning. Assist in the production of the expense forecast, play a role in the annual expense plan and provide input to the medium and long-term financial strategy.
- Treating Customers Fairly. Ensure that the appropriate Finance MI, process and systems are in place to provide support to Group so that customers are treated fairly in line with Legal & General’s Customer Experience and TCF policy.
- Skills Required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to influence others and operate in a complex matrix structure.
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise written or verbal reports.
- Using logical argument and data, challenge peers and Directors.
- Ability to demonstrate strong inter personal skills to interact with all levels of business and to develop and maintain strong relationships with finance and non finance individuals
- Advanced knowledge in the use of spreadsheets, databases and analysis tools.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain financial models
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.