Financial Control Framework lead
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- responsible for defining the requirements and BAU operating model that will realise the strategic objectives of the Financial Control Framework (FCF)
- advising the project sponsor (and project manager) on whether the outputs will lead to the realisation of the FCF requirements
- providing subject matter expertise on control frameworks and operational direction to divisions as required
- optimising the timing of the release of new deliverables into BAU operations
- coordinate and manage internal communication and education and stakeholder management with regards to the FCF
- resolving project issues/risks ahead of escalation
- preparing affected business areas for transition to the new way of working
- Skills Required
Qualified Accountant with significant PQE in insurance sector
- Broad understanding of the Legal & General Group and its products
- Strong understanding of financial reporting risk and control frameworks
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of the risks and processes associated with insurance and asset management businesses
- Ability to critically challenge technical requirements and to think outside the box to find innovative, practical and commercial solutions to problems
- Highly persuasive on technical matters through written and verbal communications
- Extensive experience of leading, inspiring and motivating teams
- Ability to influence key senior stakeholders
- Ability to analyse complex problems and propose solutions
- Ability to work under pressure towards tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and distinguish what really matters amongst a large quantity of information and make judgement calls
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise written reports
- Ability to take existing processes and improve/ simplify
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Open, actively seek to discuss issues and share information.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at email@example.com