Communications approval consultant
- Role Type
- £27900 to £44000 dependent on experience
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
With a team of over 400 people servicing over 2.8 million customers and over 13,000 corporate clients our Workplace DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be recognised through market leading customer engagement and digital innovation as the expert in helping customers achieve their long term saving goals and to be their employer’s partner of choice.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really care about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
To provide a customer focussed, professional, creative and pragmatic online guidance & approvals service or workplace DC communication. To ensure material throughout the life cycle of the DC Workplace Pensions product range is wholly compliant and meets all legal and regulatory requirements. Identifying and provided the lead for the relevant approval requirements for the full range of customer communications.
- To ensure all customer communications and literature provided to customers is clear, accurate and balanced and in accordance with Legal & Generals standards and policies, including Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policies, thereby enabling our customers to make an informed decision about our products and services throughout the product lifecycle
- Be proficient in the department operating procedures and follow these when undertaking relevant tasks. Achieve appropriate productivity and maintain adequate records as defined by the Head of Marketing Services/Compliance, to ensure customers' needs are met whilst maintaining high standards of quality.
- Effectively communicate the outcome of the review of the submission to the originator. Where appropriate make suggestions to the originator to help them get the item approved.
- Maintain and continue to develop own competence. Keep abreast of all approval developments and other regulatory UK and EU requirements as well as compliance policy.
- Ensure training records adequately demonstrate competences acquired and maintained.
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Ensure that communication with customers is clear and timely ensuring, that they have access to relevant resources to enable them to carry out their informed choices to accept the recommendation presented to them.
- Ensure sufficient prominence is given to key policy features and that the processes used to effect detailed terms and conditions result in a fair approach to customer requests to change product, switch provider and make a claim or complaint.
- Challenge the relationship management, communications and operation teams to review customer journeys, processes and controls in respect of the customer to ensure that products do not fail to meet the needs of particular customers.
- Skills Required
FS or Pensions Industry qualifications are an advantage.
Be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of relevant FCA sourcebooks including, COBS., and key FCA financial promotions publications,
An comprehensive understanding of D C Code of Practice 13, Automatic Enrollment legislation and Second line of Defense/Pension Freedoms and Scams from TPR
Knowledge of The Pensions Act.
Be able to demonstrate competence in core Pensions products (including contract, Mastertrust & own trust) and have an understanding of Investments as relative to pensions
Awareness of end to end processes within workplace DC pensions
Awareness of all communications involved in the customer end to end journey for all workplace pensions products.
Ability to share knowledge and expertise with others, analyse and resolve problems and adapt communication style to different audiences.
Excellent communication skills; written verbal and digital.
Good experience in Approvals (or similar environment)
Experience in managing Stakeholders
Ability to challenge senior colleagues where appropriate
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org