Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
With a team of over 400 people servicing over 3.1 million customers and over 13,000 corporate clients our Workplace DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be recognised through market leading customer engagement and digital innovation as the expert in helping customers achieve their long term saving goals and to be their employer’s partner of choice.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really care about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
To undertake the development, maintenance and analysis of operational and business performance management information and reporting across DC Operations to enable the business units to meet their objectives. The role holder will be responsible for the production of accurate and timely management information enabling the ability to identify value add opportunities using recognized analysis technique. Provide effective and relevant analytical and technical support to the business across DC Operations. In addition the role holder will be expected to proactively develop and (with the support of the operational leadership teams) deploy and embed best practice principles relating to the use of the Resource and Workflow Management tool supplied.
1. MI Production and Insight. Produce and analyse management information, presenting meaningful insight to allow the Leadership Community to make decisions based on sound information and fact. Continually evaluate the accuracy and reasonability of all contributing data sources, including those from 3rd parties, to ensure the end product is complete and fit for purpose. Stakeholder management is critical to ensure that all data packs are completed to a high standard and on time to allow the relevant Committee Meeting to take place.
2. Database Support. Provide first line technical support for key strategic MI and Work management systems and other technical tools, ensuring the ongoing integrity of system data is paramount. Define and develop such systems to maximise operational efficiency and enable end users to extract accurate information to meet business requirements.
3. Training Delivery. Communicate, effectively and regularly, with key stakeholders. Ensure that any consequential training requirements are anticipated, given (both verbally and in writing), and presented in a timely manner. Anticipate and identify further training needs.
4. Best Practice. Promote, develop and embed best practice usage within operational areas of MI, Resource and workflow management systems within Operations, ensuring guidelines are followed and the rationale for the guidance is understood.
5. Data analysis, Forecasting and Business Intelligence. Define and agree requirements for ad hoc requests, ensuring there is a common understanding of what is needed. Use a range of qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyse information in order to identify trends, variances, risks, issues or opportunities. Make recommendations to Senior Management to support information including highlighting key areas that can drive business critical decision-making. Develop, maintain and run resource forecasting models in line with business drivers producing findings to Stakeholders
6. Macro Support. Support simple VBA Applications in use within the team. Ensure that opportunities to automate manual processing are explored and solutions developed if the return on investment is sufficient.
7. Treating Customers Fairly. Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk
- Skills Required
Comprehensive knowledge of business risks and controls.
Extensive knowledge of all Business Performance processes, covering operational and complaint reporting, planning and forecasting
Has an excellent knowledge of the financial impact processes have on both to L&G and to the customer, taking appropriate action as a result
Comprehensive knowledge of processes within area of responsibility and the impact they may have on other areas.
Knowledge of end to end DC Operations Operational processes.
Advanced knowledge of Office software packages such as MS Office, Business Objects and MS Access
An awareness of SQL (Transact & DB2) to build efficient queries would be beneficial though not mandatory.
Knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) so that Applications can be built and supported to best practice standards would be advantageous though again not mandatory.
Knowledge of the EG suite of software, or related workflow management tools.
Thorough knowledge of appropriate systems utilised across DC Operations (Mainframe)
Knowledge of key customer events, competitors and market conditions and how they impact the area.
Understands the Regulatory framework of the UK Financial Services industry
Adherence to all internal controls, in order to enhance controls and mitigate risks
Good working knowledge of Financial Services sector and environment
Has an excellent knowledge of the key responsibilities and processes in the area and what other areas deal with.
Comprehensive understanding of own and team role objectives, priorities and constraints
Working knowledge of DC Operations objectives
Effective, concise and professional communication and presentation skills.
Ability to tailor complex information to the appropriate level for an audience in order to gain buy in to proposals or concepts
Ability to facilitate discussions with groups of key stakeholders, keeping discussions on track and productive
Advanced numerical reasoning with ability to interpret and manipulate large volumes of data
The understanding of principles involved in information systems eg. Database tables
The basic architecture of MI systems, sufficient to be able to interpret to users
The basis of query design and various selection criteria that could be applied
The principles behind the use of macros/VBA for advanced use of Microsoft Office Products for reporting.
PLANNING, ORGANISING & ACHIEVEMENT DRIVE
Ability to plan and prioritize own workload to ensure deadlines are met, and highest impact work is focused on, regardless of individual preference.
Enthusiasm for seeking additional responsibilities
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries. Please note that CVs emailed directly to this address cannot be accepted.