Longevity Risk Actuarial Analyst
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
The Longevity Risk Team is responsible for providing mortality assumptions (both base mortality and trend) to optimise Pricing, Economic Capital and Valuation assumptions for Legal & General’s Retirement Business.
The Longevity Risk Actuarial Analyst will support the delivery of regular mortality analysis to assist with the delivery of LGR’s strategic objectives, focussing particularly on Solvency II capital modelling, strategic analytics, and year end assumptions for retirement (primarily annuities) business.
The analyst will aid in providing population mortality monitoring and expert analysis that can help drive business decisions, is reactive to recent developments and pushes forward understanding.
- Skills Required
- Longevity experience would be ideal, with specific knowledge of base/trend mortality and common practices.
- Commercial knowledge of longevity risk products including BPA, individual, longevity swaps etc. would be desirable.
- Practical experience of model development and knowledge of the application of statistical methodologies to longevity modelling would be ideal.
- Knowledge of Solvency II and setting Solvency II marginal distributions assumptions would be desirable.
- Actuarial skills for modelling. Advanced Excel skills. Experience with modelling in R may be an advantage.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills (e.g. to break down the problem into separate components, form judgements, risk assessment and develop solutions).
- Communication – Good written, oral and presentation skills to be able to liaise with stakeholders.
- Team work – Ability to work coherently with peers and contribute to the delivery of data/projects in a timely manner
- Influencing – Ability to understand the tasks required and to persuade managers of the outcome.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to the changing demands and conditions within the organisation and market place.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.