Data & Analytics Transformation Manager
- Role Type
- Up to £61,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Ensure that Business Intelligence reports provide the metrics that are required to monitor the business as agreed with stakeholders.
- Drive operational efficiencies with the removal of duplication and/or legacy reports and replace with automated content.
- Manage the release of solutions in line with agile methodologies.
- Govern user access to reports and/or data in line with GDPR, Audit & IT Security policies.
- Build framework of continuous integration.
- Adopt common technology stack and migrate or eliminate practices outside of this.
- Lead and execute a data transformation programme for Group Protection by building an industry-leading self-serve analytics function.Within this:
- i). Identify, implement and integrate a new end-to-end data solution, from data ingestion and adjustment / cleaning to storage, analysis and interpretation layers
- ii). Build comprehensive and dynamic self-serve capability both internally and externally (brokers, customers)
- iii) Significantly enhance the quality, reliability and understanding of data sources and ensure consistency and integration across different data sources.
- Ensure that our priorities are aligned with strategic objectives in the insurance business.
- Establish a process for selecting the right focus in the business by working with stakeholders proving incremental value and regular releases.
- Lead a team technically in the delivery of identified user stories and the playback of sprints with show & tell sessions to the business.
- Identify & manage project interdependencies with the project team.
- Provide progress Monitoring progress against key outcomes
- Support and inform future developments (beyond data transformation) – for example enhancing data solutions to enhance data science and AI capability.
- Skills Required
- Project / Change Management experience would be advantageous
- Certified data & analytics professional
- Must be experienced in running an MI function
- Project & Stakeholder management
- Create positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives within a project framework.
- User Adoption & Training
- Ensure that the business engage with the reporting content by providing the appropriate guides and walkthroughs, backed up with the removal of unused content through reporting monitoring.
- Technical Development
- Experience of the following technologies at an advanced level highly beneficial: Visualisation: PowerBI, Qilk, Tableau, SAS VA/VS
- Storage: RDMBS (Oracle, MSSQL, DB2), Cloud (AWS S3 or Azure Blob), NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Advanced Analytics: R, SAS, Python or Databricks.
- ETL: SSIS, Talend, SAS DI studio.
- Cognitive services highly desirable.
- Team development: Git, TFS, Helix and/or Subversion.
- Business Acceptance Test Management
- Skills and experience in managing the business in the adoption of data and/or analytical solutions.
- People Management: Credible experience of leading and managing a multi data disciplined team of data professionals which will be a mixture of permanent, contractors and/or third parties.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries